No moonroof, no maplights? '07 Base

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
calivibes55

No moonroof, no maplights? '07 Base

Post by calivibes55 »

Hello all, I have a 2007 Vibe base (manual locks, manual windows) and have always been annoyed with how dim the front cabin is at night; the dome light is too far back to be much use up front.

Reading up on LED dome light conversions I read that non-sunroof vibes were supposed to come with a rearview mirror with maplights?? This would be so useful.

1. Was my base trim Vibe supposed to come with the maplights? I bought it used so it is possible the mirror is a replacement

2. If it was, I assume the wiring is up there to plug into. If not, is the wiring there anyway so I could do a plug and play replacement?

Thanks!!
Fever

Re: No moonroof, no maplights? '07 Base

Post by Fever »

I also have a base '07. Manual door locks, crank windows, no moonroof. Plain old mirror with no map lights. Looks stock to me and I found no wire harness for the fancy mirror when I removed the headliner.

Check out my thread where I added leds up front to improve my lighting. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44651

Fever
'07Vibe '13FR-S '99Ranger
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Earlier Vibes w/o sunroof did come with the rearview mirror with map lights but I suppose they must have dropped that feature somewhere along the way to save a buck.

An aftermarket replacement auto-dimming mirror with map lights may be a nice upgrade.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
calivibes55

Post by calivibes55 »

Thank you very much Fever, that's a great install and tutorial, I'll be studying it!

ColonelPanic, agreed, and whether I go that route or install LEDs like Fever either way I'll be running power to the top front of the car. Will take some pics as I go.
trb

Post by trb »

GaryG92 on here encountered the same thing on his base Vibe. He thought the seller just put a cheap replacement mirror on it, but it does not have the electric plug or wiring for it. So I grabbed a mirror with the lights and pulled the wiring harness that ran down the A pillar and behind the dash for him. Don't know if he hooked it up yet.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car