8" Sub and Amp Installed Under the Passenger Seat of a 2009

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
johnsor

8" Sub and Amp Installed Under the Passenger Seat of a 2009

Post by johnsor »

Hi all

I just got a new stereo system for my 2009 Pontiac Vibe which included a Clarion NX404 deck and a "PIONEER UD-SW200D 8" Downfiring Enclosure" and a "TS-SW2002D2 Subwoofer". This sub is being powered by a "POWER ACOUSTIK RZ1-2300D RAZOR Nano 1 Channel Mono 2300 Watt Amplifier". I needed to attach the amp to the side of the sub box but as the sub box was not big enough, I got a piece of plywood, (apx. 5" x 12") painted it black and screwed it to the side of my sub box. This then allowed me to bolt the amp securely to the plywood and ultimately the sub box. Overall, the total dimension (sub, amp and plywood) is apx.12"wide x 12" deep x 5" high.

This allows for the sub to be installed under the seat while the seat can move fully forward and backwards and gives apx 15" of foot room in the back seat.

I also had a "TaoTronics® TT-CC17 Waterproof Color CMOS Car License Plate Frame Mount" rear view camera installed (which connects to the double din display on the deck)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, it sounds awesome and pounds great for an 8" sub. For any Canadians, you will have to order the deck and sub from Amazon as they are not available in Canada.

The only downfall of the Clarion deck is the several menus which need to be navigated to in order to adjust the volume of the sub. Therefore, I would recommend installing the manual volume control which comes with the sub and mounting it in a place which is easy to reach.
tpollauf

Re: 8" Sub and Amp Installed Under the Passenger Seat of a 2

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D When performing this mod, make sure you take PLENTY of pics and post them here for others to view! We love to see progress reporting when a member tackles such a task as this. Sounds like this will be one sweet sounding Vibe when you get it all done ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Fever

Re: 8" Sub and Amp Installed Under the Passenger Seat of a 2

Post by Fever »

I didn't know there was as much room under the seat as there appears to be. I've got a couple of different 8" drivers hanging around so that sounds like a good project. I like the idea of the downfiring box.

Did you get any pics of your install yet? How's it sound?
'07Vibe '13FR-S '99Ranger