Instrument cluster/radio is gone

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Ashneil

Instrument cluster/radio is gone

Post by Ashneil »

I have a 2005 vibe base, and the instrument cluster, and radio doesn't work. I'm thinking its the am1 fuse, but it could be a relay. When I leave the ignition turned to on without starting, all the lights in the dash work like they are supposed to, but when I start the car it goes dark.

Does anyone know where to get the Am1 fuse, and also does anyone know the part number for a negative battery cable?

Thanks.
joatmon

Re: Instrument cluster/radio is gone

Post by joatmon »

Not asking the question to be a smart @ss but did you make sure the dimmer control, near the mirror control is not set to be all the way down?

You should be able to get the fuses at any generic auto parts store. If you wanted to replace the entire negative battery cable you would probably need to order one from some GM/TOyota source, or snag one out of a wreck at a junkyard. If it is just the battery terminal connector, you should be able to get a replacement, cut the old one off and hook up the new one.

Edit - if its not the dimmer switch position, then make sure you still have tail lights, before you go driv9iing in the dark
B14CK_H4WK

Re: Instrument cluster/radio is gone

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

Just ran into the same issue. Is the 10AMP fuse in the fuse panel inside the car. Its labeled GAUGE