Door Lock Chirp?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
BaseWhiteVibe

Door Lock Chirp?

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Can a chirp be added to the Vibe? All Toyota vehicles have the chirp option and I have a strong feeling that this could be as simple as plugging in a "chirp" horn into the vehicle.

Does anyone happen to know? Could someone please shoot over some part numbers or pictures of where it is hiding on a Matrix? I appreciate your help!
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
kumquat

Re: Door Lock Chirp?

Post by kumquat »

According to Alldata, the 2009 Matrix has a "wireless door lock buzzer" module just inside the front driver's fender liner. Looks like it's mounted directly above the CV axle looking straight into the wheel well. There's a wire and connector there.

I might poke my head into my Vibe's wheel well but I suspect that there's no wire or connector there for this buzzer. We already know the Vibe has some different wiring than the Matrix as the stereo plug is different and the Vibe has OnStar.
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

I haven't had the opportunity to look behind the fender liner to see if a harness exists back there. Maybe a weekend project?
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
peacock

Post by peacock »

I was installing my winter wheels today (09 Vibe Base) and decided to have a look under the fender liner. The only wires I could see where the ABS sensor wire and the hood release cable.
Attachments
under fender liner
under fender liner
under fender liner.jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Why do you need a "chirp" when you have the "thunk"? :P Totally joking, kind of. When the hatch locks or unlocks it is LOUD.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

09vGT wrote:Why do you need a "chirp" when you have the "thunk"? :P Totally joking, kind of. When the hatch locks or unlocks it is LOUD.
haha I used to want to get the beep mod on the vibe but noticed the door locks pretty loudly so didn't need it :D

btw, here's a kit that I was going to get

http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc9PXap0PUk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I just listen for the sound of the locks locking or unlocking :|.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

btw, anyone notice the third brake light will light up dimly when you lock/unlock the car? I only see this at night sometimes.
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

i've never heard anyone wanting to add a chirp. if anything, people usually try to remove them out of courtesy to the neighborhood or just because the mechanical clack of the lock mechanism is obvious enough. the blinky lights kinda give it away too.

the only people living around me are the ghetto renters, and fortunately, they will move on soon enough.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

lowincash wrote:btw, anyone notice the third brake light will light up dimly when you lock/unlock the car? I only see this at night sometimes.
Hummm...never noticed.
But then again, the bulbs are burned out.
Maybe I'll remember to check after I put in some LEDs.
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

lowincash wrote:btw, anyone notice the third brake light will light up dimly when you lock/unlock the car? I only see this at night sometimes.
I have never noticed this but will check it out when I go outside in a bit :P...
Water boy wrote:Hummm...never noticed.
But then again, the bulbs are burned out.
Maybe I'll remember to check after I put in some LEDs.
It may not be the same for the 1st gen Vibes because the 2nd gen Vibe 3rd brake lights are LEDs.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

vibenvy wrote:
I have never noticed this but will check it out when I go outside in a bit :P...
Neither one of our Vibes do this. I literally stuck my face right up by the hatch glass since our windows are tinted and hit all the buttons on the keyfob. No light whatsoever from the 3rd brake light. Must have been a fluke with your Vibe Kin :P.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Zimm wrote:i've never heard anyone wanting to add a chirp. if anything, people usually try to remove them out of courtesy to the neighborhood or just because the mechanical clack of the lock mechanism is obvious enough.
The chirp Toyotas make is very quiet, rather than the chirp that alarm sirens make.

I can understand wanting a soft Toyota beep; I can't always hear the locks from the front of the car. If I'm by the rear, there's no problem, but if I'm in front of it I can rarely hear anything.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

vibenvy wrote:
vibenvy wrote:
Neither one of our Vibes do this. I literally stuck my face right up by the hatch glass since our windows are tinted and hit all the buttons on the keyfob. No light whatsoever from the 3rd brake light. Must have been a fluke with your Vibe Kin :P.

haha probably but I've always thought it was kinda cool :D Sometimes it'll give a whining sound when I lock, kinda like that sound too. That's why I didn't do the chirp mod hah