Mystery parts on Vibe 2010? Airbag sensors??

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
weirdly

Mystery parts on Vibe 2010? Airbag sensors??

Post by weirdly »

Hi
Does anyone know what these two parts are and what they do? (see attached photo)

They can be seen when looking under hood at front interior metal bumper reinforcement and are located on the drivers side.

Are they airbag sensors?
As I bought the car used, and it has been in a crash from previous owner (but airbags didn't deploy) I want to be sure that sensors are hooked up properly.

Thanks!
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (119.3 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (106.07 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
keithvibe

Re: Mystery parts on Vibe 2010? Airbag sensors??

Post by keithvibe »

are you talking about the wire loom grommet holder?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
weirdly

Post by weirdly »

Unfortunately the forum cropped my photo differently than the original....

I am specifically talking about the black parts that the grommets are holding to the bumper reinforcement bar. Here's another photo of one of them.
Attachments
VibeSensor.JPG
VibeSensor.JPG (70.8 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

As long as the airbag light illuminates for 6 or so seconds at start up and disappears after that everything with the SRS should be okay.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

weirdly wrote:Unfortunately the forum cropped my photo differently than the original....

I am specifically talking about the black parts that the grommets are holding to the bumper reinforcement bar. Here's another photo of one of them.
Looks like a lot of corrosion under there already. What part of the country are you in (update profile please) Has this Vibe seen northern winter driving? Is the one photo a "blank" connector or is something attached to it? I'll check mine for comparison.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
weirdly

Post by weirdly »

Thanks all for your replies! Yes the part in the new photo appears blank and looks like something plugs into it. i tecently spoke to a mechanic said that said it is likely for anti-theft system. He also things other sensor is for temperature.

No northern winters as far as I know. Just hot dusty roads of the California Central Valley.

Also airbag lights are functioning normally. They do go on when car first starts and then they turn off.