Instrumnet Cluster LED size

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
VIBErator359

Instrumnet Cluster LED size

Post by VIBErator359 »

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but after searching and searching, I cant seem to find it anywhere.

I am wanting to swap the red LEDs in my insrument cluster to Blue. I see that some have already done this, and have used different methods. I'm good with soldering and have no problem with the labor/cost involved. I just need to know the size of the LEDs and what type they are. Can someone please help out?!?!?!
'03 Vibe_Base
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Instrumnet Cluster LED size

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

wolfman did his own. I believe he got his leds from oznium.com. HERE'S a link to where he got em.

There's THIS thread where houseofbugs did it
but his pics aren't there anymore. I messaged him on Facebook to see if he still had em.

Then there's THIS one where wolfman did his
Plenty of pics in that one.

I remember at one time, wolfman was gonna do mine for me, but my overlays (part with the numbers on it) had a red backing,
so it would change the color of whatever I put behind it. All my leds inside were white.
You may wanna pull your gauges out and check on this before investing in the leds.

I had looked into getting overlays out of a cluster from 05-08 (i think) to work, but gave up b/c I had to buy a whole funtional cluster $$$$
Wolfman213

Re: Instrumnet Cluster LED size

Post by Wolfman213 »

Looks like Psycho answered or pointed you in the right direction on everything. Good luck with the conversion!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage