HID Foglights

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Zer0Vibe2003

HID Foglights

Post by Zer0Vibe2003 »

I posted this elsewhere, but didn't get any replies.
I wanted to do HID Fogs on my car to help light output without having to deal with the DRL disable mod.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any good HID Foglight kits?
Is there any particular customization to the install ? (I.e. when you do the headlights you need to install a resistor, etc.)

Thanks for the help.
keithvibe

Re: HID Foglights

Post by keithvibe »

Zer0Vibe2003 wrote:I posted this elsewhere, but didn't get any replies.
I wanted to do HID Fogs on my car to help light output without having to deal with the DRL disable mod.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any good HID Foglight kits?
Is there any particular customization to the install ? (I.e. when you do the headlights you need to install a resistor, etc.)

Thanks for the help.
Fogs, no special wiring required
Everyone will have different opinions on where to buy. Ultimately it is up to you.
Depending what temp you wanted to run I might be able to help you with the set up.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Becareful when wiring those things. A guy with a Matrix fried his DRL module recently. Also on mine I had to reverse the connector.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

He fried it because he ordered the wrong hid kit and was stupid enough to try and backyard engineer it to make it work instead of returing it or buying the correct hid kit.
The reverse polarity issue can and most likely will be the only concern.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

I have 3000k fogs and love them....even while I had halogens in the headlghts
Zer0Vibe2003

Post by Zer0Vibe2003 »

I probably want to stick with 6k or 3k.. I prefer the white light, but I thought I heard blue is better for output?

I know it's "opinion" based, but what do you have running Keith? I'm not particular, I just would like SOMETHING better
and I don't want to deal with the DRL disable mod (it's just over my head). Installing ballasts and bulbs is not hard at all, though.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I run 3000k
Yellow fogs are best for fog, the light won't reflect off the fog as bad as the 6000k fogs would.
I do have a used set forsale in my part out thread that I bought before I got in to retrofitting, if you want to save some coin.
I do have some new ones too if you prefer to go that route.
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

I think 3000k would be the best one to take as well. Yellow fogs, in addition to helping you see in the fog, just look really awesome. It's the route I would have gone, if I still had fogs. :P
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
Zer0Vibe2003

Post by Zer0Vibe2003 »

MrHatchWagon wrote:I think 3000k would be the best one to take as well. Yellow fogs, in addition to helping you see in the fog, just look really awesome. It's the route I would have gone, if I still had fogs. :P

The only way I wouldn't run foglights would be if I could find a way to pipe turbos into them like a twin turbo Grand Prix had itself set up..

Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Shame that's not streetable lol
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

That.... is a thing of beauty, and I never thought I'd be saying that about an old Grand Prix lol. As for my fog lights issue, the stock ones were broken in a few places so I got some aftermarkets, only to have one stop working and the opposite one try to shed pieces of itself wherever I went. So I just made covers and covered them up before they fell out completely :P
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod