Alpine CDE-124SXM....What do you think?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
cptnsolo77

Alpine CDE-124SXM....What do you think?

Post by cptnsolo77 »

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-X...=5684I have been thinking of this receiver as my replacement for the stock HU. Seems to have just about everything in one package including the Sirius tuner. 18W per channel RMS is more than my current watts per channel with my M&T amp....I believe. I have Polk DB 651 speakers all around. I dont need earth shattering power because when I listen to loud music for long periods of time my right ear begins to hurt. I have only owned Sony & Kenwood amps in the past. Never Alpine. Any thoughts?
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
MrHatchWagon

Re: Alpine CDE-124SXM....What do you think? (cptnsolo77)

Post by MrHatchWagon »

A lot of my friends have Alpine units and they're more than happy with them. One of them even went from a Sony to an Alpine, to push his 4 kicker speakers and two subs. I think you should go for it!
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
AustinG

Re: Alpine CDE-124SXM....What do you think?

Post by AustinG »

I have the CDE-122; installed it last June, after dealing with stupid FM transmitters for a couple years. It doesn't look that different from mine at all. I believe I got it for $150. I also picked up a 3 foot AUX cable at walmart for $6 and it's the perfect length for my ipod to sit in my lap. I am unbelievably happy that I don't have to deal with the stupid radio frequency interference anymore. And now there is even a little space below the new HU to store stuff. If I want, I sometimes just put the iPod right in the little cubby. It's a great buy, I'd recommend it to anybody. The only thing that's annoying to me is the fact that you can't select a radio station one click at a time...You have to press it (it'll go through a bunch), then you have to quickly press it again, and you're lucky if you landed on the right station.
funktel

Re: Alpine CDE-124SXM....What do you think?

Post by funktel »

AustinG wrote:I have the CDE-122; installed it last June, It's a great buy, I'd recommend it to anybody. The only thing that's annoying to me is the fact that you can't select a radio station one click at a time...You have to press it (it'll go through a bunch), then you have to quickly press it again, and you're lucky if you landed on the right station.
If you push in the dial and hold it you can then manually search for radio stations and stop where u want to just by turning the dial. I have the CDE-122 installed that and 6.5 BA in all the doors thanks to the guides here, so I feel like I owe, but know very little about most things dealing with cars. I would also suggest getting this usb drive http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Fi ... 146&sr=8-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; fill it with all the music you would ever need, the drive is so small the detachable face still fits in the case with zero obstruction.

Here's a lil youtube vid of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JEWUTplqQQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;