Power Lock Serviceable?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Wolfman213

Power Lock Serviceable?

Post by Wolfman213 »

I'm having an issue with both front doors and the passenger side rear door not locking all the time. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I seen another thread that seems rather simple getting to the power locks, however, I'm not sure if they are truly serviceable. Has anyone tried before? I figure if nothing else, I will just get it pulled out and remove gunk and spray with WD-40 if I can find the actual actuator.Probably going to get into it tonight; just curious if anyone else has done something like this and has a clue or insight as to what to look for.***Edit: Here is the link that shows how to remove/install them and what they look like. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=32536
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Im in the same boat as you. Both my front pass & driver side locks do not work. I tried a while back cleaning the pass side out with electrical contact cleaner by spraying through small openings in the casing. After that, I would hit the switch I could hear like the motor wants to engage, but not enough to open/close. Soon after that the power lock died again. Im finally going to break down and replace at least the pass side so I wont have to reach over to unlock it for the passenger. It has become a real pain lately LOL.I found this thread as well:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=28836If anyone can chime in that would be great!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

My dad mentioned the relay could possibly be going out. Once I find out where that is located (does anyone know???), I will replace that as I'm sure it's only a few bucks. If that doesn't work, then I'm just going to wait to find a Vibe, Matrix, or Corolla in a junk yard or pic-a-part place and swipe the door locks from those. I figure after having done it once now and it being super simple to remove it, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes at a place to get it removed per door.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage