What's this warning light?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
canadajohn

What's this warning light?

Post by canadajohn »

Yesterday I noticed a small yellow warning light in the 4 o'clock position in the left instrument cluster (tachometer). I searched the manual to find it's significance but can find nothing. Today I took the manual to my local garage and the fellows there searched through it also but could not find anything about it. (Interestingly you can see it on the general diagram on page 4-12.)I'm referring to the symbol that looks like a clock face with the bottom cut off, with one "hand" extending past the "clock face" at about 10 o'clock.Can anybody tell me what this symbol means?Thanks.John
waveresponder

Re: What's this warning light? (canadajohn)

Post by waveresponder »

hmmm yah I was just looking at the user manual I'm assuming you have a 2009 or 2010You are talking about the symbol below the engine oil pressure light correct?
joatmon

Re: What's this warning light? (canadajohn)

Post by joatmon »

Cruise control. Think of the symbol as representing the speedometer with the needle nailed to a fixed speed.Don't know why the manual shows the indicator as the word "CRUISE" but if you look at the drawing of the cruise control lever on page 4-4 of the 2009 Vibe owners Manual you will see the same symbol on the lever.and for anyone that ever needs them, all of the Vibe owner's manuals can be downloaded from genvibe at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1010
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Sounds like the cruise, but should be green, not yellow.
canadajohn

Re: (09vGT)

Post by canadajohn »

Thanks. You are right. I just went out, put cruise on and that's the symbol. Must have accidentally hit it when I was coming home. Would be kind of nice if all the warning lights were identified in the manual though.John
morbay

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Sounds like the cruise, but should be green, not yellow. My cruise indicator is yellow...my headlight indicator is green.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
joatmon

Re: (canadajohn)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by canadajohn »Thanks. You are right. I just went out, put cruise on and that's the symbol. Must have accidentally hit it when I was coming home. Would be kind of nice if all the warning lights were identified in the manual though.JohnMaybe they'll get it corrected in next's year's manual. in the meantime, this site is a good resource, feel free to ask anything about the cars
09vGT

Re: (morbay)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by morbay »My cruise indicator is yellow...my headlight indicator is green.That's freakin' weird. My headlamp indicator, fog light indicator, AND my cruise are all green.
morbay

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »That's freakin' weird. My headlamp indicator, fog light indicator, AND my cruise are all green. Now you're making me second guess myself...lol, I need to go look.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
morbay

Post by morbay »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »That's freakin' weird. My headlamp indicator, fog light indicator, AND my cruise are all green. I looked and you are correct, they both are green. I was confusing it with my low tire pressure light, which just came on.
tpollauf

Re: (morbay)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by morbay »My cruise indicator is yellow...my headlight indicator is green. Same on my 09 GT Possibly Canadian cars have different color LED's on the dash ??? This would explain his car as compared to ours
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
cythraul

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by cythraul »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Possibly Canadian cars have different color LED's on the dashVery plausible as the Canadian cars have different dash indicators. For example, for my 2007, I noticed in my manual that US cars have the check engine logo plus, I think, the word "engine" underneath while Canadian cars only have the logo... guess it's too hard to translate engine to moteur.
2007 Vibe 1.8L Automatic 185K, B&M 70264 Transmission Cooler, Custom 2" hitch receiver.