Neutral safety switch

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
BetoPerez

Neutral safety switch

Post by BetoPerez »

Does anyone know how to bypass a neutral safety switch?? And where it's located? The location probably would be good to know.
BetoPerez

Re: Neutral safety switch (BetoPerez)

Post by BetoPerez »

Battery is brand new, alternator and starter were checked and both past testing. All connections and wires ok. Shifted vehicle through the gears and tried to start the car with nothing. I'm assuming either the ignition switch or neutral safety switch. I want to bypass the safety switch in order to eliminate the ignition switch.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

see attached pdf

Attached files cip1780.pdf (57.9 KB) 
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

another

Attached files cip1781.pdf (229.3 KB) 
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BetoPerez

Re: Neutral safety switch (keithvibe)

Post by BetoPerez »

Thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

You are welcome. Welcome to genvibe!
mayflyaway

Re: Neutral safety switch

Post by mayflyaway »

How do I view the attached files? They arent clickable but I need to bypass the switch.
joatmon

Re: Neutral safety switch

Post by joatmon »

Some of the files that were uploaded here in the past got sent to limbo when there was some forum software upgrade. Sometimes you can find them by searching for part of the file name in the imported images directory http://forums.genvibe.com/files/imported/

In this case, the pdf files that keith uploaded are now at
http://forums.genvibe.com/files/importe ... ip1780.pdf
and
http://forums.genvibe.com/files/importe ... ip1781.pdf

I do not think they are going to help though
To bypass the clutch to start switch on your 06 Vibe, you'd need to find a way to connect the two wires that run to the switch. For a quick test to see if that is the problem of not starting, you can disconnect the electrical connector from the switch and use something like a piece of wire or a bent paper clip to connect the two contacts on the cable end of the wire.
Depending on the connector, it might be possible to just use something like that long term. Another option would be to cut the connector off the wire, strip a bit of insulation off the two wires and twist them together. But I'd try a jumper before cutting any wires

this thread was originally about a neutral safety switch, which is more of an auto tranny thing, but bypassing it is the same idea as your clutch to start switch