UPDATE: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav/ONSTAR (e7019) in 2009 vibe w/pics! :)

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Canuck_2005

UPDATE: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav/ONSTAR (e7019) in 2009 vibe w/pics! :)

Post by Canuck_2005 »

UPDATE: Finished onstar integration and added pictures of the completed wiring harness Note: Everything is "plug and play", integrated 12v socket is for dashboard cam!Ok,So my fiancee wanted a GPS in her vibe, after looking at many different installs I just didn't like the look of the dash kit and the big black border around it. The toyota nav looked clean in the matrix so I bought one out of a 2010 matrix for $300 on ebay (came with everything, even the dash bezel and gps receiver)
KITT222

Re: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav (Canuck_2005)

Post by KITT222 »

Clean install. It looks good!
Cruxless

Post by Cruxless »

Good job man, it looks nice and clean.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLeOSOe4GmQ
vibenvy

Re: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav (Cruxless)

Post by vibenvy »

Wow! I am truely impressed! I have been wanting to get a GPS, but like you said, I don't really want one of the ones that attaches to the windshield, dash, etc. This factory system looks so much nicer.Was this an easy install i.e. was everything plug and play? Would you be willing to add a step by step writeup along with your pictures for others who may be interested in doing this?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Looks nice in that dash!Its kina funny how the Toyota nav looks so much like the Eclipse car audio nav software.If people didn't already know Toyota owns 60% of Fujitsu Ten, the company that used to make Eclipse car audio.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
joshuaeb09

Post by joshuaeb09 »

Any chance you could add some instructions as to what wires you had to splice in the photos. I might have to look into buying one as I love how seamless it looks. BTW Did you have the standard radio or the Moonsoon system?
2009 Silver Vibe GT AutomaticI/H/E/Unichip @ 93octaneMy Garage : http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=43521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gone (Sold)
2005 Expedition Limited 2WD|4R75W 4SPD Auto|3.73 Gears|I/E|5Star Tuned@ 91|3" Lift/Level - Current Ride
Canuck_2005

Post by Canuck_2005 »

The hardest part of this was removing the dash to install the GPS receiver. As far as wiring goes what I did was I purchased a gm wiring harness and a toyota wiring harness, ran a power wire to the battery, an ignition wire to the cig lighter, and ground to the chasis. I still need to install the speed sensor wire to the guages.It is the standard non monsoon system, but even if you had the moonsoon system I beleive this would still work, instead of buying the "standard oem toyota" harness by the premium oem harness. The receiver is ment to go in both an amplified matrix or non amplified matrix.I will be making a harness soon that allows me to keep onstar. When I pull apart the system I will do a step by step for making both harness's and the install.Anyone know which wire is the speed sensor wire at the guages?
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

The great pictures say a thousand words. Questions: Why did you have to remove the top and instrument parts of the dash? Doesn't the radio come straight out the front? Noting that there is sound dampening padding under the windshield answer's one of my questions. How far down the firewall does it go. Does it meet with the carpet padding under the dash?What is the square thing with #47? And also what is the white thing with the yellow wire or tube attached?
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Wow, awesome job, too bad it says Toyota.... but great job!
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Canuck_2005

Re: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav (Ivibe)

Post by Canuck_2005 »

Quote, originally posted by Ivibe »The great pictures say a thousand words. Questions: Why did you have to remove the top and instrument parts of the dash? Doesn't the radio come straight out the front? Noting that there is sound dampening padding under the windshield answer's one of my questions. How far down the firewall does it go. Does it meet with the carpet padding under the dash?What is the square thing with #47? And also what is the white thing with the yellow wire or tube attached?The square with #47 on it is the toyota GPS receiver. The receiver mounts underneith the dash near the "Peak" behind the steering wheel, that is why the whole dash and side pilars hade to be removed. In the photo directly below the gps photo you will see that gps braket and receiver mounted in the dash.AQlso the white clip is the cig lighter adapter. I fed the wire into the stock adapter and just put a small amount of solder to hold it in place. The reason for this is that I dont want to "tap"and wires, I can head up that solder and remove the wire and everything appears stock again
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

I was thinking or assuming that GPS would come from the XM/ OnStar antenna or tracking system? But I know Toyota is not part of the GM OnStar system. There is an special interface that will tap in the Onstar to an aftermarket radio. I think it cost about $150.00 for the kit. I am thinking about getting a display radio that will provide a rear view camera and still have Onstar. It just cost too much at this point.Can you add a rear camera to the Toyota radio?
Canuck_2005

Re: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav (Ivibe)

Post by Canuck_2005 »

UPDATE: Finished onstar integration and added pictures of the completed wiring harness Note: Everything is "plug and play", integrated 12v socket is for dashboard cam!
eblend

Post by eblend »

This looks really slick. This is exactly what I have been planning to do myself, but can't for the life of me find any info on this. I stubled on your post by doing an image search on google, amazing that someone did all this. Do you by any chance have the part number from the bezel? I want to do the same but I have yet to find the OEM GPS anywhere, so I am thinking of getting the bezel only and buying a china radio that does alot of those things + rear view camera (for wife) and looks OEM with the proper bezel, but I need to know the bezel part number. Any help appreciated
pakong

Re: UPDATE: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav/ONSTAR (e7019) in 2009 vibe w/pics! :)

Post by pakong »

Bang up job!
ImUrOBGYN

Re: UPDATE: 2010' Toyota Factory Nav/ONSTAR (e7019) in 2009 vibe w/pics! :)

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Very nice.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
2010GTJT

Post by 2010GTJT »

Canuck_2005 wrote:The hardest part of this was removing the dash to install the GPS receiver. As far as wiring goes what I did was I purchased a gm wiring harness and a toyota wiring harness, ran a power wire to the battery, an ignition wire to the cig lighter, and ground to the chasis. I still need to install the speed sensor wire to the guages.It is the standard non monsoon system, but even if you had the moonsoon system I beleive this would still work, instead of buying the "standard oem toyota" harness by the premium oem harness. The receiver is ment to go in both an amplified matrix or non amplified matrix.I will be making a harness soon that allows me to keep onstar. When I pull apart the system I will do a step by step for making both harness's and the install.Anyone know which wire is the speed sensor wire at the guages?

Did you ever make this guide?