PLEASEEEEEE HELP!

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
beanzsl2

PLEASEEEEEE HELP!

Post by beanzsl2 »

alright, so now that the weather is gettin alot nicer soon i have a question..i have a 8k HID kit on the vibe, so i decided to swap the signals from amber to clear. to then LED white, the only issue now, is no one can see that i want to turn unless i turn off the HID's cuz it all blends, but it looks horrible any other way.now what i want to do is convert my fog lights.. i want to have them run still, but when i toss on the signal it flashes as well, like many other vehicles, makes it safe from being busted from the cops, and have them saying it dont work... which it does...now. does anyone have any suggestions, or know how to convert or what wires to run to the fog lights to have the signals appear there??????PLEASEEE HELP!
BlueCrush

Re: PLEASEEEEEE HELP! (beanzsl2)

Post by BlueCrush »

You should get these: http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior....html <= Watch the video at the bottom of the page
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Re: PLEASEEEEEE HELP! (beanzsl2)

Post by keithvibe »

so you want to move your turnsignals from your headlights in to your fog lights?or do you want your fog light to flash as if it was a turnsignal?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

i would like to keep the ones in the housing, so i would also like to make the fogs flash with the signal.. but still keep them as a fog light when not activated, i ahve tried researching this everywhere, and nothing has showed up
keithvibe

Re: (beanzsl2)

Post by keithvibe »

I don't think anyone has done it. If someone has, they haven't said, that they did.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

You might want to make sure that's legal where you live.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

its def legal.. they cant make it illegal.. what im driving in now is prolly a helluva lot more illegal lol..i would just run the signal wires down, it would be a lot of wires.. but i rather have the headlight housing signal and the fog light
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Those LED turn/parking bulbs that BC gave the link for are wicked!!! You should prob try those first since making the fogs a turn with most likely require cutting or splicing into the factory wires. While some of us don't have a prob doing that, since you will most likely be the first to try that it could prove costly to you, more so than the price of those bulbs.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I'll help... Switch your turn signals back to amber they way they SHOULD be... It's like that for a reason... Vanity is NOT worth safety..
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

how about you be more helpful then that...if i wanted to do that i would. but see i want to be unique and have something custom done to the car...
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by beanzsl2 »how about you be more helpful then that...if i wanted to do that i would. but see i want to be unique and have something custom done to the car... You have a PM. Please respond.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Wire up each fog light independent of the other and hook a flasher up to each one. After that, wire up a second parallel circuit for the fogs on a switch bypassing the flashers thereby keeping the fogs as fogs but also doubling them as signals.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

THANK YOU! finally someone who can actually help lol...once i can figure out how to do all that ( im a lil slow with electrical) i will for sure do that thanks man
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

"Shudder" Electrical mods.... little connectors and pins.... tedious!!!Something like this.... (good ol' windows paint!)

487848=14822-Wiring.jpg
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

sweeetttt! thanks man. your my hero lol!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Which is one of the reasons he's up for MOTM
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Let us know how it goes!
tribalman

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »"Shudder" Electrical mods.... little connectors and pins.... tedious!!!Something like this.... (good ol' windows paint!)that would work, but it doesn't allow for the fogs to be on and then flip the turn signal and then have the fogs blink. that's what i assumed was the desired result. i'll check the schematics. i think you can wire the fog switch in such a way to do this. are you comfortable cutting wires, splicing, possibly soldering?
None. Vibe is gone.
joatmon

Re: PLEASEEEEEE HELP! (beanzsl2) I prefer descriptive thread titles

Post by joatmon »

first off I hate folks who mod their lighting so much it blinds me. I think the yellowness of turn signals help turn signals stand out more. Lots of flashing white turn signals will make it look like you're flashing your hi beams and one is burned outI tend to think of using relays because you can get them lots of places and they aren't that hard to wire up, but there are more elegant ways to do it. Here is one such non-elegant way that would involve just messing with wires in each front corner of the car. "works on paper", if it doesn't work in real life, well, glad its not my car, and I'm not liable for any equipment damage, or for any civil or criminal repercussions of doing such a thing. two relays per fog lampOne issue is that in my Vibe, the flasher is current sensing, so that if one turn signal bulb burns out, the flasher flashes faster, to let you know. No idea how powering an extra lamp will affect it. Would be better to just use the turn signal to control the lamp, not to actually power it, but I didn't think you'd want to run an extra 12V always hot wire down there. Also, when the fogs are off, they would flash in synch with the normal turn signal, but when the fog lamps are on, they would flash out of sync with the normal turn signal. Probably a way to cure that.( NO means normally open, NC normally closed. Put voltage on the coil, the relay clicks, disconnects the NC, connects up to the NO)

487999=14825-fogturn.gif
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

ok sorry guys i couldnt remember my password for my other account.. anyways, i had done some work to the vibe this weekend, and i went to try to fix the fog lights...i had looked under the dash for the second fuse box, that i was told there was, and i could not find it at all, unless it dont look like a fuse box....but can someone please clarify where it is, i remember someone telling me that it was under there and i cant find it.. and its not the bulbs, the silverstars were swapped out for the OEM's and they still didnt fire up..
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Having problems, imagine that...
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

listen buddy, what the hell is your problem..... like seriously, you get off on making idiotic comments. like i just asked for some simple help, and your the only one that seems to not give it, so how about you not say anything on my thread unless you help
millster

Re: (07vibegxp)

Post by millster »

OK, before anyone says anything else, no need for heated discussion. That ends here and now.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by 07vibegxp »listen buddy, what the hell is your problem..... like seriously, you get off on making idiotic comments. like i just asked for some simple help, and your the only one that seems to not give it, so how about you not say anything on my thread unless you helpI'm not your buddy, but I could be... I've just fixed too many messes like the one you are about to perform...Ever watch a car burn due to faulty wiring? I have... I just would rather not see it here... That is why I say vanity is not worth safety.. But meh, it's your car.. No need to get all heated over it..
millster

Re: (millster)

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by millster »OK, before anyone says anything else, no need for heated discussion. That ends here and now.Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »I'm not your buddy, but I could be... I've just fixed too many messes like the one you are about to perform...Ever watch a car burn due to faulty wiring? I have... I just would rather not see it here... That is why I say vanity is not worth safety.. But meh, it's your car.. No need to get all heated over it.. And I quote MYSELF. ENOUGH!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Do your headlights need to be on for the fogs to work?I don't own a 1st gen but the fuse box should be on the far left drivers side under the dash and the main panel in the engine compartment right above the drivers side front wheel.
joatmon

om

Post by joatmon »

The location (and layout) of the underhood fuse block is shown in the Owner's Manual.If you don't have an owners manual for your Vibe, you can download one from http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1010
beanzsl2

Post by beanzsl2 »

sorry guys for the confusion, my laptop has the old login, and my girls laptop has the new.. but both are still me...anyways i know where the main fuse box is but i was told somewhere before, i think in the earlier posts on this thread, that there is a fuse box under the dash?! lol, and i do beleive the fogs come on when you turn on the lights, and then turn off when highbeams are on...obv lol..
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by 07vibegxp »ok sorry guys i couldnt remember my password for my other account.. You probably ought to IM an admin to work it outhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=8984Quote, originally posted by "FORUM GUIDELINES" »Please note that signing up for multiple forum accounts is subject to a ban of all related accounts.