What size are the M&T tweeters?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
DrunkenMonster

What size are the M&T tweeters?

Post by DrunkenMonster »

Searched, couldn't find the size. And how easy is it to replace just the tweeter and install the new one in its place. I know there is one clip holding the tweeter housing in.
2005 Vibe Base with M&TKenwood KDC-MP342UAvital 4103 Alarm/Remote StartK&N Panel Air Filter, Removed Silencer, TB Coolant Bypass1998 Jeep Cherokee UKFlowmaster Super 44Cobra 25 LTD CB 2 JL Audio 10W0's / TMA 500
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Hmmm. I'll go take a look at my car and see what I can come up with.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

They appear to be 1" tweeters, It wouldnt really be that hard to replace them, you would have to make a new bracket or modify the existing bracket. I would also open up the tweeter opening on the sail panel. If you had a small enough tweeter you could use hot glue around the perimeter to hold the tweeter to the inside of the sail panel. That is how a lot of people attach reverse mounted tweeters.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
DrunkenMonster

Post by DrunkenMonster »

Thank you now component researching.
2005 Vibe Base with M&TKenwood KDC-MP342UAvital 4103 Alarm/Remote StartK&N Panel Air Filter, Removed Silencer, TB Coolant Bypass1998 Jeep Cherokee UKFlowmaster Super 44Cobra 25 LTD CB 2 JL Audio 10W0's / TMA 500
baggermanmcp

Re: (DrunkenDixie)

Post by baggermanmcp »

or get some good 3M industrial 2-sided tape. I held my tweets into my 1997 GMC pickup on the sides almost upside down for 13 years!! Now I drive a 09GTVibe.
joejoev

Re: What size are the M&T tweeters? (DrunkenDixie)

Post by joejoev »

I used Glue Dots (memory book 3/8" size) to stick my tweets onto the OEM tweeter brackets. Used 2 or 3 dots per tweet. And a bit to my surprise they're still holding after a couple hundred thousand miles.