all-season floor mats

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
siles

all-season floor mats

Post by siles »

I just got my Vibe last week and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the all-season vinyl floor mats yet. I went to my dealer and they said that you can get them, but only for the automatic transmission. Does this seem right?
SteveBase Vibe - Abyss Monotone - Manual - Power & Security Packages
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: all-season floor mats (siles)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:I just got my Vibe last week and I was wondering if anyone has gotten the all-season vinyl floor mats yet. I went to my dealer and they said that you can get them, but only for the automatic transmission. Does this seem right? I don't know.. maybe the position of the pedals will not allow the mat to fit correctly? And even in that case, you would think they would make a separate version of the mats for manual transmission models.I personally don't see a reason why they wouldn't work... may have to ask around here to see if anyone has them and what transmission they are using to be sure.
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

Steve, I think your dealer is confused. The front ones are part #12498110 ($45) and are good for all Vibes including GT's (which only have a 6-speed manual). There are 2 different rear ones depending on AWD or not. Standard is #12498111 ($40) while AWD Vibe rear ones are #12498155 ($40).Take a look at the Vibe accessory guide here (requires Adobe Acrobat): http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories/pdf/Vib.pdf
[Modified by NovaResource, 1:51 PM 7/23/2002]
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: all-season floor mats (NovaResource)

Post by NSimkins »

Oh, see I was looking at the accessories on this page: http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories ... stVib.html Definately more info on the PDF you provided.... and I swear I have seen that before, but could not find the link. Thanks! The document you provided solved that question.
NovaResource

Re: all-season floor mats (NSimkins)

Post by NovaResource »

Interesting Nick because I've never seen the page you listed. Thanks for the link.
MA-VIBE-FAN

Post by MA-VIBE-FAN »

The dealer is right based on what he finds in his parts book from GM.