90 Day XM Trial on new "used" Vibe

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
s3adog

90 Day XM Trial on new "used" Vibe

Post by s3adog »

I just got my used 2009 Vibe on 11/26. XM was in the middle of an about 7 day open trial, which ran from 11/23 to 11/30. After hearing some of the channels, I was disappointed when I got in the Vibe Tuesday, 12/1, to only having Channel 1 and (278?)I bought the Vibe from a Ford dealer, so it isn't GM Certified. In my research about XM 90 day trials, the info was conflicting, so I was proactive. The main accepted knowledge was that only GM Certified used cars are eligible for a 90 day trial; the less common knowledge was that all late model used GM cars are eligible for a 90 day XM trial. I figured the only way to get a 90 day trial, if my used 2009 qualified, was to call XM and check it out.With my unit's ID number from Channel 0, I phoned XM at 877-967-4672. After a long wait on hold, my Customer Service Rep checked my unit's ID, and I am eligible for a 90 day XM trial. Cool. Free stuff is always good!So if your dealer used up your trial, or you didn't get one and you think you should have, give XM a call– it's worth a few minutes to get the word, and then 45 minutes to an hour outside with the radio on Channel 1, for it to be "refreshed".