2009 stock mp3 stereo question

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Silver

2009 stock mp3 stereo question

Post by Silver »

I have a 09 stock mp3 stereo in my 1.8, when i play an mp3 cd the id3 tags (song names) do not display properly, i get some strange 3 charecter code for each song. it looks something like y(with 2 dots over the y), pb(put both together and that's the character) and then a letter.. the mp3's themselves play fine otherwise. anyone else see this before?i checked the disk and the mp3s on it, it has both id3 v1 and v2 tags and the disk shows song titles fine in other radios...thanks!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

If you right click the file and then click properties, i believe the second screen will allow you to edit what you want displayed. I have to do that when I convert concert DVDs to mp3's since it doesn't give the proper name. It can be a daunting task, but if it bothers you that bad, like it did me, then it's well worth the time. But if that's not the case, then I have no clue what to tell ya.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
injns

Re: 2009 stock mp3 stereo question (Silver)

Post by injns »

You are doing better than me i cant make an mp3 disk that will work i am trying to get600mb on a cd-r 52x700 disk, using nero on a windows xp machine and also tried on a vista machine, what program did you use and how much music can you get on a disk.ThanksBill
KaneRobot

Post by KaneRobot »

Quote, originally posted by Silver »I have a 09 stock mp3 stereo in my 1.8, when i play an mp3 cd the id3 tags (song names) do not display properly, i get some strange 3 charecter code for each song......i checked the disk and the mp3s on it, it has both id3 v1 and v2 tags and the disk shows song titles fine in other radios...First post here so hopefully I can be of help right off the bat. This one drove me nuts for a while too. I have an '09 GT but I had the same problem. I did figure it out though:For some reason, the stereo doesn't like the id3v2 tags. Once I removed them (but KEPT the id3v1 tags!) it worked fine. I can't vouch for any other program, but I used foobar2000, opened all my mp3s I was going to burn to disc in the playlist, highlighted everything, then right click on the tracks, then Tagging > MP3 tag types. UNCHECK id3v2 and click "update files." This deletes any id3v2 data and leaves only the id3v1 data. After that, everything displayed properly.And injns, try CDBurnerXP if you haven't already, and use the data disc mode. That's what I use and it works fine, plus it's free.Links -foobar2000 - http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=DownloadCDBurner XP - http://cdburnerxp.se/
Silver

Re: 2009 stock mp3 stereo question (KaneRobot)

Post by Silver »

Thanks KaneRobot!i tried removing the id3v2+ tags, that worked perfectly. Kinda a pain that they would put out a radio in this day and age that doesn't support the newer standards.. oh well, works now, thanks again!
baggermanmcp

Post by baggermanmcp »

the trick is the data disc format. they always play!