Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
HenryTS

Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's

Post by HenryTS »

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the OEM base CD player will play CD-RW's recorded on the computer (as opposed to standard CDR's which it plays just fine). It would be kind of nice to be able to have some CD's around that you could re-record when you felt like some different music. I know one of my home units will play them while the other one will only play CDR's. I have some CD-RW's but unfotunately they all contain important data so I can't erase them to try it.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's (HenryTS)

Post by NSimkins »

I have not tried one myself, but was wanting to for some time just to see (you never know ).I don't have a CD-RW disk with me right now, so unless someone else chimes in with an answer before now and tomorrow (Monday) afternoon, I will burn and test one and let you know.
wrench79

Re: Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's (NSimkins)

Post by wrench79 »

the oem cd player will play cd-rw's. I've listened to few in my vibe without any problems.
2003 Lava Vibe GT.17''wheel package, 6spd, no sunroof.......oh well
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's (wrench79)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:the oem cd player will play cd-rw's. I've listened to few in my vibe without any problems.Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I tried to play a burned music cd using a CD-RW disk and had no luck.When I went to load the CD-RW (into slot 4) I get the error message "Check CD 4".Do you have the single or 6-disk CD changer if your Vibe wrench79?Also, what software do you use to burn your CD-RW's and what CD brand are you using?I am using Nero 5.5.9.0 (latest) and Memorex CD-RW (up to 4x re-write).
[Modified by NSimkins, 11:00 PM 7/22/2002]
wrench79

Re: Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's (NSimkins)

Post by wrench79 »

I have the six disc. I'm not the one who burned the cd's so i don't know what software was used.The cd's were memorex and phillips.
2003 Lava Vibe GT.17''wheel package, 6spd, no sunroof.......oh well
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone know if the OEM CD player will play CD-RW's (wrench79)

Post by NSimkins »

Hmm, I will have to try some other ways and another brand and maybe that will work. Thanks!