Poll: Interior lighting

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Amtron

Poll: Interior lighting

Post by Amtron »

Just wanted to start a poll to see peoples opinions on what colour of interior lighting I should get. Here's some pics of what I have already (more pictures in garage):Note that the 6 buttons next to the dial on the HU can be changed to blue.And I want to replace the dome lights like Wolfman213 did:Anyways, I can't decide if I should get red or blue. I have a red theme going currently, but I'm undecided if the red will be too overpowering...the blue might just look wierd though if I have the red lights under the dash.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Something to consider, maybe where some of the red and blue meet you may see some purple hues?? Not sure if that's possible with them being far away from each other or if they would have to be really close in order for that to happen?That could throw either a kink or a really kewl twist, depending on your perspective, into your over-all theme.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
bull77

Post by bull77 »

red since everything else on the car is red -- calipers/strut bar/sub lights
hskater26

Re: (bull77)

Post by hskater26 »

i think i have the same blue led interior lights..... i had them for my plate too and one went out an i got pulled over for it and put the stocks back in and you could read the plate better with the one led then the 2 stocks haha
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (hskater26)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Red because:1) Goes with your current color scheme2) Better for night vision (seriously)
dianebrat

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by dianebrat »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »Red because:1) Goes with your current color scheme2) Better for night vision (seriously) I thought red was an issue, and that the military had moved away from it because it was the first spectrum that you start to lose clarity on as you get older? I wish I could remember more about the issue, but I thought it was studies in the mid-80's that proved out red, and had them moving to a more green spectrum.(clearly I'm old enough that red isn't good for me anymore :-) )
last of the '06 AWDslava red monotone, preferred, sport, and side airbags
KNINE

Re: (dianebrat)

Post by KNINE »

I don't think that's an issue for Amtron. He's a little younger than you and I.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
djkeev

Re: (dianebrat)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by dianebrat » I thought red was an issue, and that the military had moved away from it because it was the first spectrum that you start to lose clarity on as you get older? I wish I could remember more about the issue, but I thought it was studies in the mid-80's that proved out red, and had them moving to a more green spectrum.(clearly I'm old enough that red isn't good for me anymore :-) )Is that why I am forever losing my Salsa Vibe!!?? It's really there and I just can't see it with my decaying eyes!DavePS about the lighting, why do you need to be able to see your feet as you drive along?!? Just in case you forget where the brake pedal is?? I like my cars and Dash lights to be as dark as possible,yet still be able discern the speed and other vitals, to reduce eye strain and interior light reflection, a dark interior makes for easier and safer night driving.I know, I'm just not "cool" or whatever the latest word that means cool is today.
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Amtron

Re: (djkeev)

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by djkeev »PS about the lighting, why do you need to be able to see your feet as you drive along?!? Just in case you forget where the brake pedal is?? I like my cars and Dash lights to be as dark as possible,yet still be able discern the speed and other vitals, to reduce eye strain and interior light reflection, a dark interior makes for easier and safer night driving.It's all fo' sho', bro.