got some bad news...

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
SuperSpeedWagon

got some bad news...

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

Well some of you know I just installed a sick a** double din in my car well being the city of Houston every one wants what you got.... YES SIR thats correct I was robbed in my own drive way the messed part i wasnt even in my car my brother was borrowing it to drop off his friends and I was in my older brothers 350z... it total they stole my double din, capacitor, mono block amp, 2 12inch subs and my custom box with the subs pretty much im done with letting people use my car and im done with car audio I dont even feel like putting back in the stock head unit but I have decided to go for performance so foced induction here i come
2010 vibe gt
BlueCrush

Re: got some bad news... (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by BlueCrush »

OUCH! Sorry to hear, Jorge. Why can't people just leave stuff alone that isn't theirs? Karma will bite them in the a$$ some day.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Don't let some jerks bring ya down! Is insurance going to cover everything for you? Hopefully so. I can understand leaving everything out if you are going strictly performance, but if music and tunes are what you love, don't let them discourage you, get a system back in there!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Wow bro, that sucks... I'm not saying a word though... lol.. But, this IS why I won't do a install in a hatch.. ZERO security.. I would be making broham pay for things though, weather it be in money or flesh..
Kamikaze

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Kamikaze »

Sorry to hear... That sucks.I remember when I had my Solo's stolen along with my PPI amp back 16 years ago, they opened my trunk like a can opener. I was so mad that I went a couple of months w/o a radio, I took a piece of cardboard and stuck it where the HU was and wrote F*** Y** on it.I finally calmed down and got a crappy HU and called it done for quite a few years. Now I stick to small systems, and everything must be hidden. I'd love to get a Double Din with Nav, but just too afraid someone will want to steal it that I went with a single din.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
SuperSpeedWagon

yeah you all are right i shouldnt let me down but its just the fact that it may happen again it ticks me off. I already have a few things lined up a set of p3 10 in subs, and a 1500 rms mono block amp from rockford, and another Double din but I might hold off maybe when I get out of houston in about a yeah or so
2010 vibe gt
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by SuperSpeedWagon »yeah you all are right i shouldnt let me down but its just the fact that it may happen again it ticks me off. I already have a few things lined up a set of p3 10 in subs, and a 1500 rms mono block amp from rockford, and another Double din but I might hold off maybe when I get out of houston in about a yeah or soWell, the double DIN is your first mistake, it's a billboard for theves.. just put the thought out of your head, friend.. When you DO get over this (and you will, it could take a while, and I DO know the feeling) let me know and maybe we can come up with something that will make theves think twice (or work REALLY hard) about ganking your stuff again..
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

damn bro sucks to hear, hope you get everything figured out.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
SuperSpeedWagon

well ive always wanted a Double din i love them there just clean but oh well I had my sock gps for 6 years and that never go stolen haha But Ive gotten over it and now looking forward to better things for the car everyone says i should get more audio which i will do but build it all up until i am completely happy with the set up and do a full install The engine and turbo up grades are still going to happen of course and im still waiting to see if the insurance is going to cover everything but we shall see ill keep everyone posted thanks
2010 vibe gt
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Oh, man, Jorge. That's just awful to hear. Make your bro feel as guilty as possible; maybe he'll chip in for part of the deductible.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Let me know when you decide, I might be able to point you in the direction of some really nice things(none of mine, unfortunately), used, but solid things for the audio... I'm on a few audio forums and 90% of my install is used, oldschool gear... I can get you better for the same as you would buy new... Like a nice 5ch amp, run everything out of one chassis... maybe some killer subs..? something to consider.. up to you 100%
RePo

Post by RePo »

Your situation really hits home with me. I'm in Houston (suburb), with a double DIN in my 04 Vibe. Dual 10's in rear. We were twins, but this validates the way I'm so (removed) about all my cars being in the garage anytime they're not occupied. Sorry to hear about your loss, I've always said the life of a theif has no value. Catch 'em and kill 'em like the rodents they are. Be a hero on the news.
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

That sucks! Maybe you would have to resort to my "ANTI-THEFT" methods.I used to epoxy razor blades to the back of my stereo. It was a PITA when it came time to replace dashboard lights and such... but... when someone attempted to steal my head unit I got some satisfaction. My passenger side windows was smashed on my GMC Safari van, but there was a trail of blood leading away from the VAN And the Sony head unit was still in my dash.