Tried to cancel XM subscription, but then they gave me 3 months free..

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
ehoff121

Tried to cancel XM subscription, but then they gave me 3 months free..

Post by ehoff121 »

When I bot my '05 AWD used in '07, I activated an XM radio trial. After the trial had been expired for a month or so, they mailed me an offer for 1 year of XM for $77 - half the annual subscription price. I subscribed, but a year has flown by.XM isn't a bad service, but it's a luxury I can live without- especially when it costs over US$150 (plus tax and "invoice fees") per year.Called to cancel and, not wanting to lose a subscription, the agent (from an offshore call center) offered me 3 months for $4.95 per mo. (and $12.95 thereafter). I politely declined. Without missing a beat, the agent offered me six months at $6.95 per mo. (and $12.95 thereafter). Again, I politely declined.The agent, once again not missing a beat, said she could offer me a special three months of free service to "reconsider". I couldn't argue with that.I'm good until May. Wonder if they'll ask me to stay again?[post 100!! ]
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
zionzr2

Re: Tried to cancel XM subscription, but then they gave me 3 months free.. (ehoff121)

Post by zionzr2 »

I'm considering pulling my 3 year Subscription for similar reasons.I just renewed for 3 years last fall and now I think I could best use that money somplace else. Its a luxury I really dont need. I'm only really hearing it a few minutes a day.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

when i signed up back in 2005, i prepayed through the end of 2009 for about 6-7 bucks a month. When that finally runs out and i start having to pay normal rates, i will likely bow out as well, since XM has continued to disappoint me more and more each month, with their declining program quality and irritatingly repetitive playlists...and don't even START me on the commercials.I had hoped the merger with sirius would improve those issues, but to date, it has not.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
hskater26

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by hskater26 »

they said theyd give me the 3 months free too but i told them to just cancel it
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

I let my free trial run out on my HHR and they periodically kept trying to get me to sign up for it again, they called again a few weeks ago and offered to renew it for 1yr for half price, so I took it.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ehoff121

Re: (damronjr)

Post by ehoff121 »

Yeah, it's hard to justify paying full boat for XM. FM radio doesn't cutout when I drive along tree-lined streets and the talk radio commercials are just as long, if not a little shorter.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
KNINE

Re: Tried to cancel XM subscription, but then they gave me 3 months free.. (ehoff121)

Post by KNINE »

Reminds of when my ex tried to cancel her AOL subscription. They kept throwing free months at her. She went for quite a while without paying. Finally she was just so fed up with AOL that she turned down the free stuff and just cancelled.I had XM for a few years. I have Sirius now. I like it alot better. I don't ever want to go back to FM.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I just cancelled my XM and they Only asked once why. They did not offer anything to keep me. I wouldnt have accepted anything anyway.