Monster ICar Play question

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Dragonsm

Monster ICar Play question

Post by Dragonsm »

I stopped into target this morning to do some xmas shopping for my daughter's first xmas and on one of the end caps in the electronics section (they tend to put a lot of their clearance items here) they had an Ipod ICar play on clearance for 26.99.I had an ipod and have always kept an eye out for an FM modulator to use with the ipod that I could take on trips in our vehicles, use in my commuter car (only has a tape player) or take out in the boat and use with the stereo there.Anyone have one of these? I first tried it in my wife's 05 vibe as it was in the garage (and we are getting tons of freezing rain/ice/snow today) and I couldn't get it to work. Initial thoughts was that is why it was on clearance. However, I gave it one more shot in my F-150 and the unit works great along with the commuter car. (Both attenna's are in the front on the hood) Initial thoughts are with the vibe's attenna on the rear roof of the car, it is just outside the range of the unit?Anyone run into this? I attached a link to the unit from Best Buy's website. I'll keep it mostly for the boat and commuting but it'd have been nice to use in the Vibe. Thanks in advance!Stevehttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...64452
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

the monster brand one is nice. well...for a fm transmitter. To really get the ipod to work with the fm transmitter you need to have the ipod powered, which the monster does. Then you have to pick specific stations to your area so it gets the best signal without interference. My itrip worked fine, but I had to have 1 station for duluth and one for my trips to the twin cities.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

i tried out the monster and griffin units. The monster one didn't work for me and the griffin was okay. I also found it annoying having the cables running everywhere.i ended up buying this --- powers the ipod and no cables

Attached files
joholste

Re: (northvibe)

Post by joholste »

my wife and i have a Scosche iPod transmitter, that plugs into the cigarette lighter, and you can choose the station through a digital readout. it plugs directly into the iPod and charges it also...works wonderfully. I think i bought it at like Staples or Office Depot for like 17 bucks
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)