Radio Not displaying the radio station anymore

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Care56

Radio Not displaying the radio station anymore

Post by Care56 »

I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. When I first bought the car it showed the radio stations name on the radio. Some stations had the name of the song and artist. I have not changed my setting in anyway. The info button is on yet this feature is gone. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I get this back on?
bull77

Post by bull77 »

welcome to genvibe!!!not sure if it's what you're looking for..http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=34858
Care56

Re: (bull77)

Post by Care56 »

nope Thank you though. I have my auto text on and there is still nothing displaying. very strange. maybe i should read the manual, it hasn't even seen the daylight yet!
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

as far as i know the radio info is set by the radio station itself so you have no controll over it. thats why for example "Thebeat" shows up as "theb" or "hebeat" or even wierder things sometimes.Thats my understanding anyways.
Care56

Post by Care56 »

Yes, that is what I thought. that is why some stations show the name and artists and some just show the radio name. not i'm getting nothing and my auto text is on. very strange. i have no idea what i did!