new head unit installed with monsoon amp

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
keithvibe

new head unit installed with monsoon amp

Post by keithvibe »

got my new head unit installedOld:New:I also wired in this:to adjust the levels of the output to the speakersI first installed everything with the wires just twisted together. Once I was sure everything was correctly wired I pulled everything apart again and sodered and shrink tubed everything to besure nothing shorts out.The sound it fanstic. Now all i need to figure out is how to save music files correctly on to a thumbdrive and sd card for them to play in the new unit
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
02csnow

Re: new head unit installed with monsoon amp (keithvibe)

Post by 02csnow »

Glad everything worked out for you. I was going to do a write up on installing a HU with monsoon when I did mine, b/c so many people kept asking questions on how to. But I decided not to. Glad you post a pic of the converter, so now people know.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
keithvibe

Re: new head unit installed with monsoon amp (02csnow)

Post by keithvibe »

that is the only reason why i did it. to clear up the monsoon amp questions
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
kevera

Re: new head unit installed with monsoon amp (02csnow)

Post by kevera »

Looks good man.You guys make me wanna put my headunit from the Turdfire in the Vibe now.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
keithvibe

Re: new head unit installed with monsoon amp (kevera)

Post by keithvibe »

do it, do it, do it, all the cool kids are doing it you know you want to do it too lol
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Lookin' good mon.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

That is GREAT man.... So, you are like'in the HU then, whew, that takes a load off of my mind.. lol... It has a lot of advanced features, so time will only make things better for you.. Good show bro.. !!!!
keithvibe

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by keithvibe »

there is one thing about the head unit i don't like, but that may be changeable once i actually take the time to read the manual HAHAHAFor instance:you put in a cd... it reads the cd if it has text display it displays the song and what not but about 30seconds later it goes in to what would look like a display that would be used in a store, bosting about what cababilities it has. There has got to be a way to turn that stuff off. Other than that I love it, Got a few SD cards filled with different fav songs and this weekend i plan on picking up some 8gig colored thumbdrives so i can load a few cds on each thumbdrive.
kevera

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by kevera »

Why don't you just buy an mP3 player.You can put all your favorite MC hammer songs on it.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Sublimewind

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »there is one thing about the head unit i don't like, but that may be changeable once i actually take the time to read the manual HAHAHAFor instance:you put in a cd... it reads the cd if it has text display it displays the song and what not but about 30seconds later it goes in to what would look like a display that would be used in a store, bosting about what cababilities it has. There has got to be a way to turn that stuff off. Other than that I love it, Got a few SD cards filled with different fav songs and this weekend i plan on picking up some 8gig colored thumbdrives so i can load a few cds on each thumbdrive.You need to go into the menu, not 100% which one and switch off "demo" mode... I went through it a few time, but unless i'm sitting in front of it, I can't tell you exactly how to get there... I'm STILL trying to figure out how to properly set the Xover.. you have to turn it on with the unit OFF, but pressing and holding eject and another button (the one right above eject) for like 5 second... BUT, it puts you into ACTIVE 3 WAY mode and the lowest you can set the front is to 1.6khz, which is good for a tweeter that can play that low, but 80-100Hz is what it really should be... On a side note, IF you have a set of compoents, you CAN run them from HU power ACTIVE, so the front speaker outputs drive the tweeter and the rear speaker output would drive the woofer, no passive crossover AND you can still drive a sub that way... cool unit, but not without some oddities..
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

had a bit of spair time today so i was able to get the "display" to stop going threw all the options the headunit has.Now I am tweaking the eq to get it set just rite
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »had a bit of spair time today so i was able to get the "display" to stop going threw all the options the headunit has.Now I am tweaking the eq to get it set just riteIt's got a lot of control, the time alignment can really open up the sound... you should do some reaserch on it, as there is way to much for me to get into here.. But if you delay the drivers side slightly, you can move the image and stage around.. it's cool stuff, to bad the manual for it was written by a 12yr old or something..
keithvibe

Re: new head unit installed with monsoon amp (Sublimewind)

Post by keithvibe »

yea been experimenting with the crossovers and the sound stage.Loving the new unit.... thanks for the recomendation.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I'm very happy you like it.. nothing better than good tunes in the ride..
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Alright, had a new HU installed two weeks ago (Alpine ida-x305) and I have the "hiss" you referred to at low volumes... once I turn the volume up it goes away (or gets drowned out by the loud music). It was worse when I got in the car to drive away from the stereo place. They worked on it another hour and a half and claim to have added a "filter" and the "output converter" you show here. The sound is better, but the hiss is still very evident, especially at low volumes. What do I do now? Is there any way to clear up the hiss? Is the installer missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Note: I have no clue how to do this myself and would prefer the installer do it right so if they screw it up it's on them.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

You're best bet would be to pull it out and turn all the gains down on the conveter. From here, with your stereo on but volume at zero, start turning them up individually till you start to here the hiss. Once you do, back it off a tad. Do this for all four corners.Now start applying volume. I would use a good cd instead of the radio simply bc radio stations don't always sound 100% clear. Just amke sure that when you are adding volume and getting to your optimal range that there is no hiss. You may hit pause as well to help determine this. If you have more hiss, back off the gains on the converter a little bit.Keep fine tuning it until you are in audio bliss.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
BlueCrush

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by BlueCrush »

With the Scoshe converter I installed last night, I have the gains turned all the way to the + side 100% and there is still no hissing or whitenoise. It is crystal clear. I have PAC OEM2 for sale if you are in need of a different converter: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=37485
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I should probably clarify then that my recommendations were for use on the PAC-OEM2.It sounds like the Scoshe gets turned all the way up and the PAC-OEM2 starts from zero and work your way up.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
BlueCrush

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by BlueCrush »

The Scosche instructions stated to start at Zero, also, and turn your head unit volume to 3/4 of the max. There was no sound coming out of the speakers at this point. As I turned the screw for each speaker on the converter, the sound came on and increased the more I turned it. Then it said to slowly turn the gains on each speaker up until you start to hear distortion, then back off a little. Well, I turned all 4 all the to the + side and it was very loud but with no distortion so I left it at that.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD