Car Audio "Hot Deal"

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Sublimewind

Car Audio "Hot Deal"

Post by Sublimewind »

Hi all,Ok, on one of my Car Audio forums, we have a "Hot Deal" section for things people find that they ARE NOT selling themselves, that falls under the guideline of being a HOT DEAL... lol... Well, this here is one of those deals that is just TOOOOOO good to not pass along.... http://www.sonicelectronix.com....html#I just purchased one of these for my GF's Aveo... They also have a "Make Offer" button, that allows you to do just that... make an offer... I made an offer of 120$ and they came back at me with 137$ SHIPPED W/DASH KIT AND HARNESS... I also opted for the "special offer" which turned out to be a survey that ended in me getting 5 magazine subscriptions, that I payed shipping on... ~10$, if anyone knows the average cost of a subscription, then you know that they are 20-25$So in the end, I got this unit for less than 40$...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's also a VERY powerful unit, in terms of FUNCTION.... USB port on the front, SD card reader on the back, it also carries the capability to do 3 way ACTIVE crossover AND Time Alignment.!!... most units do 2way (high/low) but this will do high/mid/sub for any of you possibly looking to get into the world of "Active" control... I am NOT related to this sale in ANY, way, shape or form, but I HAD to pass this on to my people.... It's just almost to good to be true.... BUT IT IS TRUE, till they are gone that is... If anyone has any questions on "Active Crossover" and/or "Time Alignment" or any of the other things I mentioned, please, don't hesitate to ask... EDIT: I just found that you need to make sure with the order, that you specify the Y/M/M of the car and specify that you want the DK and harness... I did that in the order, but they said it wasn't shipping till I asked them FOR SURE, that the dash kit and harness would be with it... Hot Deals, sometimes require a little more work than just hitting BIN or something... go figure...
Toasted7

Re: Car Audio "Hot Deal" (Sublimewind)

Post by Toasted7 »

Nice find for sure! I like the USB port on the faceplate.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I'm actually thinking of buying a second one... Thanks..!
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

thats pretty nicei found this one on ebay that im going to buy as soon as i get the money. its got like 80w per channelhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors....m245
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

you said it has an sd card reader on the back.. back of the unit itself?EDIT... never mind i see now that it's behind the fipdown faceplate
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That's a nice deal for the money. I long for the capabilities this thing has. MP3's off CD's or flash memory, iPod controls, Sirius,,, If it wouldn't clash so severely with the mountain dew green lighting in my Hyundai I'd be having a hard time not buying this. You got a good deal man...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Sublimewind

Re: (Raivis)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Raivis »thats pretty nicei found this one on ebay that im going to buy as soon as i get the money. its got like 80w per channelhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors....m245I don't want to bash in any way here, but Legasy are well known garbage... It's got some bells and wistels, but practly ZERO support... And the 80w it will do are "lightening watts" or it will only ever produce 80w if struck by lightening... Seriously, i'm not joking and i'm NOT trying to be a jerk, AT ALL... You would be much better off looking elsewhere.. (and you DON'T get a warentee when buying from Ebay, unless you buy a Squaretrade)Please don't be mad, for me giving you my honest opinion...
Sublimewind

Re: Car Audio "Hot Deal" (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »you said it has an sd card reader on the back.. back of the unit itself?EDIT... never mind i see now that it's behind the fipdown faceplateLOL, I didn't even know it was behind the face... I thought it was on a cable off the back, like a lot of USB ports.. lol...
Sublimewind

Re: Car Audio "Hot Deal" (ColonelPanic)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »That's a nice deal for the money. I long for the capabilities this thing has. MP3's off CD's or flash memory, iPod controls, Sirius,,, If it wouldn't clash so severely with the mountain dew green lighting in my Hyundai I'd be having a hard time not buying this. You got a good deal man...Are you REALLY that concerned about matching things?? I mean for the money.. it's like a sore wang man, can't beat it... lol..
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I passed the link on to my wife as a hit for a christmas present for me HAHA... told her not to wait because they are a close out item...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Are you REALLY that concerned about matching things?? I mean for the money.. it's like a sore wang man, can't beat it... lol.. Yeah, for some strange reason I'm a stickler for aesthetics. I wish I wasn't like that since an upgrade would be really nice. I'm sick of FM modulated Sirius, no iPod, and having to juggle eleventeen thousand audio cd's.That's a hilarious little saying too, I actually said that yesterday. Had some creep at the gas station say that to me once, I can never forget that.

Image Image
Sublimewind

Re: Car Audio "Hot Deal" (ColonelPanic)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Yeah, for some strange reason I'm a stickler for aesthetics. I wish I wasn't like that since an upgrade would be really nice. I'm sick of FM modulated Sirius, no iPod, and having to juggle eleventeen thousand audio cd's.That's a hilarious little saying too, I actually said that yesterday. Had some creep at the gas station say that to me once, I can never forget that. Lol, well I hope I don't come off as "creepy" ... Well, I don't know, i'm thinking about purchasing a second one, just to have it in the "stash" it's just that good of a deal in my eyes.. and I don't mess with junk... I did do a super good deed last night to... My GFs dad has a 77' Vette that he's got almost out of paint now... well he wanted these resonated muffler tips (old "Monza" style) so I found some for him, and they came in yesterday... So, he came over to get them and was all geeked about them... Before he left, I made my donation to his "Vette" cause and hooked him up with a set of Pheonix Gold RSD components... I got them for 87$ shipped, but he didn't care, he was alllllllll geeked.... He said I was the best son-in-lew he had.. and I said back "And to think, i'm not even your son-in-law...lol"... I love doing good deeds..
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

LOL, I doubt you're as weird as that guy was. And good deal on the good deeds, that's nice to do sometimes. BTW, I was looking at some of the other deals that site has on stuff and they're pretty amazing. Good prices and they throw in the kits to boot. Keep us posted on the quality of service you get from those guys, I may be interested in something they have someday.

Image Image
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Well, we got the unit and it looks nice... I didn't get the dash kit, but I DID get the harness... For the money i'm not complaining.. It's not in the car yet, but the harness is ready to go...
keithvibe

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by keithvibe »

i called to check that they sent the mount kit and harness and according to the lady i spoke to both were in the box.
Sublimewind

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

I just put mine into my GF's Aveo... Nice unit... I need to spend more time with the manual and adjustments, but I can already tell it drives things better than the CRAP DUAL it had in it... now she also has the option of USB, SD, Aux in, CD changer in, and the normal CD..