New owner wants to program Auto lock door on 09

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
DAAKVIBE

New owner wants to program Auto lock door on 09

Post by DAAKVIBE »

Please anyone have the procedure how to do it ... tried the one for the older model 03-07 and it doesnt work ... please help me out...Ty
KrazyB

Re: New owner wants to program Auto lock door on 09 (DAAKVIBE)

Post by KrazyB »

I am not for sure about the 09's but you should be able to find it in your manual if not I can send you the one from my 05 manual.
Blueridge9

Post by Blueridge9 »

I hope someone can provide free instructions for an 09 but if not you might be able to get the instructions by purchasing an extra remote or maybe they'll sell you just the instructions (I never asked about that) athttp://www.carandtruckremotes.comI bought a new Matrix remote for my 04 Vibe there and it came with programming instructions that worked (on the third try).
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DAAKVIBE

Ok need help to program ... second try

Post by DAAKVIBE »

Ok let me explain in a more precise way ... my remotes work fine , the problem is i would like to have the doors getting locked as i drive out ,my Vibe is a stick shift and also as i turn the ignition off that the door would unlock, i have read the manual completly and nothing in there says anything about any procedure to change the settings...ty
VforVIBE

Re: Ok need help to program ... second try (DAAKVIBE)

Post by VforVIBE »

I have a auto and it does it automatically, are you sure it doesn't lock and you just don't notice it?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
DAAKVIBE

Post by DAAKVIBE »

no im sure , ive had a saturn and another GM with manual transmision before and they both worked after i drove up to about 5mph ...
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

In the 2009 "Get to Know your Vibe" thing (available in softcopy at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1010 ) on page 4 it talks about the auto door locks, but it says:Quote, originally posted by 09gtk »Automatic Transmission DoorLocking (if equipped)When shifting out of Park, this functionlocks all doors.Automatic Transmission DoorUnlocking (if equipped)When shifting to Park and turning thekey to ACC (Accessory) or Lock/Off,this function unlocks all doors.Seems that if they go to the trouble of saying automatic transmission in there, it likely doesn't apply to manual tranny models.
DAAKVIBE

Re: (joatmon)

Post by DAAKVIBE »

I did call the dealer today and asked the man that answered me at the service dept and ive been told it was programable but cant find the info , i have an apointment thursday to have my rear windows Tinted with a dark shade so ill try to get the info on how to do it and will post then i hope... ty for the help you guys tried to do the best ... ty
09Vibe

Post by 09Vibe »

I'm guessing that since there was no repost on this topic it never got figured out ? I was reading on Toyota Nation and the Tundra Forums that Speed Sensor Auto Lock is a feature turned off on alot of Toyotas and the dealers have to turn them ON if the customer wants it via OBD II tools. So - I guess I will raise the question here again, has anyone with an 09 + Manual transmission, got it to work?
2009 2.4 Litre 5 Speed
jake75

Re: (joatmon)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »In the 2009 "Get to Know your Vibe" thing (available in softcopy at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1010 ) on page 4 it talks about the auto door locks, but it says:Seems that if they go to the trouble of saying automatic transmission in there, it likely doesn't apply to manual tranny models. So that would seem to say there is no way you can program it to NOT lock the door automatically.I like the feature on my T&C better - only locks when you get to a certain speed. On the Vibe, I get in, back it out of the garage and it is already locked and my better half gets irritated that she can't open the door. I then fumble around to find the door unlock button.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I thought I've read on here somewhere that you can have them programmed to lock and unlock at different times.. I may be wrong though.. I just wish mine would unlock when putting the car in PARK instead of turning it off..
09Vibe

Post by 09Vibe »

I'd assume if the Matrix electronics lock the doors via a signal from the speed sensors it does not matter if the vehicle is auto or manual. On auto you can select the option of locking by shift out of P or not. So on the manual - it should lock at the same time the vehicle speed sensors show movement (similar to the warning beep relay if you don't have your belt on, they get the signal from the speed sensors) But - somone with a GM OBD tool would have to look at the modules and confirm... I dunno if I want to pay for them to search this feature out. I know that you can program the unlock relay on the manual when you turn the key to off (pressing down 6 times on the door lock button with the key on, then pressing unlock once)... but it does not work in reverse (locking when the vehicle gets started)
2009 2.4 Litre 5 Speed
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

I have/own a GM TECH2, I have set and changed the remote functions in my Vibe, such as dome light delay, lock and unlock functions and the auto-lock functions if the door is not opened after unlock is pushed. I can help out memebers in the Rochester, NY area if you would like. I think the dealer will do it for free for the 3/36000 warranty, there may be a charge thereafter.PM me for help----Frank