How to Kill the Beeping (tried search)

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Johnny5

How to Kill the Beeping (tried search)

Post by Johnny5 »

So I need this beeping to stop when I've got something on the passenger seat or my wife has to turn around for a second to attend to a child (who may have been sleeping ) in the rear seat, laptop on the front seat, putting a hand on the front seat. All of these make me want to drive my vibe off a cliff when that damn beeping starts up.I just tried the steps to turn it off about setting the ODO to odo, holding the trip button for 12 seconds, plugging in the driver's side seat belt , etc. but no On B Off B thing ever shows up.I've got an 06 Vibe and don't know if this actually works or not. Anyone want to help a guy keep his sanity
2006 Vibe - Stock / Moonstone2005 Equinox LT2000 TransAm WS6 - Manumatic
CountryVibe

Re: How to Kill the Beeping (Johnny5)

Post by CountryVibe »

2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
keithvibe

Re: How to Kill the Beeping (Johnny5)

Post by keithvibe »

i have an 06.. and have done it.. it take patients to do it and apparently your running out of it... It takes me a few tries to do it toolset the od to read correctly as it states in the instructions firstturn off the carpull the belt across you but don't click it.turn the key to the ign possition AS SOON as you do this press and hold the reset for about 15secondsthen click the belt in to the holder while your still holding in the buttonthe b-on should show up release the od button the b-on should turn to b-off.turn the key off and your set... this will hold it till you remove the battery cables.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
altimar

Re: How to Kill the Beeping (keithvibe)

Post by altimar »

Just wanted to confirm, this does work on my '07 and that of a friend. It may take you a couple tries, but the sweet silence is worth it.
2007 Vibe: Wave monotone, Auto, sun & sound
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

OK. FINALLY it worked!!!! THANKS to both of you!!!!I interpreted turn key to on and wait for dash lights to come on to mean wait till things have stopped flashing and beeping. I was apparently missing my window on this by waiting this long.1. Turn key to ON and set ODO to read ODO (not trip-A or trip-b). Then turn key off.2. Sitting in the driver's seat, grab the belt and pull it across your body but DO NOT YET BUCKLE.3. Turn car to ON and press-and-hold the TRIP button before the beeping stops (5-6 seconds) and count to 15.4. Buckle the driver's side belt.5. The trip now shows B-on / B-off, set to b-off and turn the car off.
2006 Vibe - Stock / Moonstone2005 Equinox LT2000 TransAm WS6 - Manumatic
keithvibe

Re: (Johnny5)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Johnny5 »OK. FINALLY it worked!!!! THANKS to both of you!!!!I interpreted turn key to on and wait for dash lights to come on to mean wait till things have stopped flashing and beeping. I was apparently missing my window on this by waiting this long.1. Turn key to ON and set ODO to read ODO (not trip-A or trip-b). Then turn key off.2. Sitting in the driver's seat, grab the belt and pull it across your body but DO NOT YET BUCKLE.3. Turn car to ON and press-and-hold the TRIP button before the beeping stops (5-6 seconds) and count to 15.4. Buckle the driver's side belt.5. The trip now shows B-on / B-off, set to b-off and turn the car off.You got it buddy... enjoy your peace!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
~MRVIBE2006~

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by ~MRVIBE2006~ »

Another option that you might want to think of is that you can go to your local Pontiac dealership and get the seat belt extenders for FREE. All you do is attach them to each seat belt lock where the buckle buckles in and you are set! No need to go through the steps to reset the beeping and with these there is NO beeping at all! Plus you have a FREE part!
2006 ABYSS VIBE: 20% TINT ALL AROUND FRONT & REAR SPLASH GUARDS MAGNAFLOW CAT-BACK EXHAUST GOODYEAR EAGLE GT (235/45/17) WITH TC WHEELS (SUMMER) DUNLOP WINTER SPORT M3 (215/55/16) ON STOCK ALLOYS (WINTER) AUTO VENTSHADE WINDOW VENTS PLUS SUNROOF VENT K/N AIR FILTER,OTHER DRESS-UP GOODIES...
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

Unlike most of you, I prefer safety. I think of the beeping as it telling me "You (removed)" and to buckle up. Just imagine if your passenger didn't buckle up and you had no beeping to let you know, and you head on colided with another car and they went thru the glass? Wouldnt you of been glad to have a simple beep to remind you? Plus, it goes away after 15 secs anyways so you daredevils can last that long, then after that, your free!
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
kunkstyle

Re: (gr8vibe)

Post by kunkstyle »

15 seconds? Mine stays on for a minute. I don't consider myself a 'daredevil' for taking off my belt so it's easier to shoulder check while backing into my parking stall. The Vibe has the most obtrusive belt alarm I've heard in a vehicle. I've got my beep disabled, even though I wear my belt anytime I'm on the street.I don't think my wife considers herself a daredevil for taking off her belt to grab the kleenex box out of the backseat when she's riding shotgun either.Quote, originally posted by gr8vibe »Just imagine if your passenger didn't buckle up and you had no beeping to let you knowSo take a glance to the right. I don't need a beep to tell me if my passenger is buckled in.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
kevera

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by kevera »

ahahaha.Thank god I never had that beep,but that stupid flashing passenger seatbelt reminder over the radio drives me freakin insane.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
moongdss

Re: (kevera)

Post by moongdss »

A nice little piece of black electrical tape is the best mod for that Kev!
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
Kamikaze

Re: (moongdss)

Post by Kamikaze »

I just pulled my battery, and put it back in... last night went to the shop, (half a block away) so I didn't buckle up... car beeped all the way there... and it did the rapid beeping... man that's annoying... I considered latching up just b/c of that beep, I tried to do the beep disable from memory, but forgot how to... so when I backed up the car out of the shop... again... beep beep beep beep... I'll have to reset the disable when I get home... man that thing is annoying... It's great as a saftey tool for people to buckle up, but I always do anyway.. (again except for driving from my alley way to the shop where my speeds don't exceed 15mph) if I crashed at 15mph and it ejected me... I've got problems.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage