disable annoying seatbelt alarm?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
carfreak967

disable annoying seatbelt alarm?

Post by carfreak967 »

hey guys, 1st post... my mom has a 2005 vibe base model, 2wd, 5mt, and the thing we cant STAND is that BEEP BEEP BEEP that goes off if you start driving without your seatbelt onsure you are supposed to wear it, but if im driving through a parking lot, or down the street, that alarm is actually going to CAUSE an accident. she hates it.im planning on switching her 12v cig lighter to constant and hardwire here radar detector, so if anybody knows about this, let me know please... thanks-Ryan
Our Cars:2005 pontiac vibe (moms)JVC headunit, Ipod interface, all 6.5" 4 way speakers, 2x12" kenwood eXcelon subs with eXcelon 500RMS amp. pretty much stock 5 speed manual, mb sevenX wheels.1999 Buick Regal GS (mine)cammed, intercooled/supercharged, awaiting ported heads and high compression short block, built trans by myself13.4@105mph on 200k mile short blockmid-low 12s to come!
CountryVibe

Re: disable annoying seatbelt alarm? (carfreak967)

Post by CountryVibe »

Welcome to Genvibe Here is the post about the seat belt beep http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=18678
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
dianebrat

Re: disable annoying seatbelt alarm? (carfreak967)

Post by dianebrat »

Quote, originally posted by carfreak967 »sure you are supposed to wear it, but if i'm driving through a parking lot, or down the street, that alarm is actually going to CAUSE an accident. she hates it.FWIW just because they're local or short trips doesn't mean there's any less chance of an accident, that's a common misconception. If you're in the car, there's always the possibility some moron will slam you.Be safe, we don't want any dead gen vibe folks or relatives! The rule for myself and the family is easy, seatbelts on and latched when the engine starts..... ALWAYSDianep.s. not saying it's not an annoying alert, but the right reason to disable it is for folks like me that have things on the passenger seat that weigh enough to set it off.
last of the '06 AWDslava red monotone, preferred, sport, and side airbags
carfreak967

Re: disable annoying seatbelt alarm? (dianebrat)

Post by carfreak967 »

thanks! ill look at that.Quote, originally posted by dianebrat »FWIW just because they're local or short trips doesn't mean there's any less chance of an accident, that's a common misconception. If you're in the car, there's always the possibility some moron will slam you.Be safe, we don't want any dead gen vibe folks or relatives! The rule for myself and the family is easy, seatbelts on and latched when the engine starts..... ALWAYSDianep.s. not saying it's not an annoying alert, but the right reason to disable it is for folks like me that have things on the passenger seat that weigh enough to set it off.and i couldnt agree with you more, but as you know, it happens but one other thing is if you leave a backpack or a heavy object on the seat, it starts bugging the crap out of ya. seatbelts=always the rule, but instead of beeping at 20mph, why dont they just beep right when the car starts rolling? because if i just pull out, and forget my seatbelt, all the suddon an alarm goes off, and i cant fix it until i put my belt on, so im sitting there trying to shove my seatbelt on while im driving... a simple blinking light would be fine...thanks again!
Our Cars:2005 pontiac vibe (moms)JVC headunit, Ipod interface, all 6.5" 4 way speakers, 2x12" kenwood eXcelon subs with eXcelon 500RMS amp. pretty much stock 5 speed manual, mb sevenX wheels.1999 Buick Regal GS (mine)cammed, intercooled/supercharged, awaiting ported heads and high compression short block, built trans by myself13.4@105mph on 200k mile short blockmid-low 12s to come!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i found the beeping to be very annoying, specially when it starts to get faster after like 15 seconds, so i disabled it and now i love it. it beeps about 4 or 5 times then shuts up..which is very nice
carfreak967

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by carfreak967 »

actually i just test drove it... no beeping period... lolthanks again guys!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

thats what this forum is all about man, vibe enthusiast helping other vibers