Remote starter 12V constant

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
raddoris

Remote starter 12V constant

Post by raddoris »

Hi All,I am planning to install a remote starter (bulldog remote starter)I have done a few installs myself however when I checked the bulldog website, something was odd for 12V constant it says to connect to the battery. Most vehichles you can connect to the wiring harness at ingition swith. Seemed odd, Checked for Matix and it states ok to connect at harness. Wondering if anyone knows why this might be.thanks in advance.
RePo

Re: Remote starter 12V constant (raddoris)

Post by RePo »

Is it a heavy guage wire? If it is engineered to draw a heavy current on that wire to engage the starter, it's logical that it'll need a direct battery connection to support a heavy amperage draw.
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code
raddoris

Re: Remote starter 12V constant (RePo)

Post by raddoris »

It is a realitively heavy guage wire...howevever as remote starter is essentially doing the exact same thing during the normal startup process except the difference being that as opposed to the signals being changed by the different positions of the key it is controlled by relays which are turned on via the remote control. The current running though the wires at the diffent sequence in time should be relatively the same since this is ultimately determined by the load.The wire guage should be the same.Again I have done a few installs so the fact that this is stated as 12V constant should be taken from battery, I was more curious why there is a difference in this case.thanks