IPod storage location

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Gonzo

IPod storage location

Post by Gonzo »

For those of you that use your iPod in your Vibe, where do you store it when connected to your audio system? I just ordered the Alpine CDA-9883 HU with iPOd control and I'm trying find the best location to store the iPod when controlled by the HU. Thanks.
tribalman

Re: IPod storage location (Gonzo)

Post by tribalman »

my ipod is controlled by the HU also. mine is plugged into the back of the HU and the cable that attaches to the ipod uses the ipod connector. the HU i use is smaller than the stock one, so i have a pouch underneath the HU. the connector runs thru a hole in the back. i keep my ipod in there. even with it being white you can't see it if it's dark. so far it hasn't been stolen.pics will be up as soon as i find them. not on my putfile eventhough i hosted them there before.edit, went out to the car and took some new pics. hope this helps you out.http://www.putfile.com/tribalman/images/47431
None. Vibe is gone.
mistertwo

Re: IPod storage location (tribalman)

Post by mistertwo »

thats neat.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

i hooked up an inline fm modulator for kari's ipod. the input cable runs down under the shifter to that lower bin. she can hook up and store her ipod in that bin.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

I just installed the kenwood ipod adapter last week. It plugs in the back of the hu so i ran the cable behind the dash into the glove box, and keep the ipod in there.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
cerulean

Post by cerulean »

I ran mine into the center console compartment. I left about 18 inches of slack in the cable in the console so I can pull it out if I want to change playlists while I'm driving (my adapter is one of the ones that works with the stock HU, but doesn't allow playlist selection from the HU).While in there, I added the accessory outlet so that I could leave my cell phone charger in there also.Bob
Gonzo

Re: IPod storage location (tribalman)

Post by Gonzo »

That's a great idea tribalman. My stuff comes in tomorrow, I'll look into making the cut to install the cable. Now to hide the iPod from the outside eyes.
briantforce

Post by briantforce »

im getting a pioneer with in HU control and im going to try to run mine to the compartment below the shifter but if i have a problem with that i will run it to my glove like i did in the glove. its very nice to have it tucked away with no sloppy looking wires and everything at your fingertips. and luckily, the deh 7900 has much better playlist control that my older deh 4800.
- Brian T Force2003 Vibe GTBlack with gray lower pannelling, 17" alloysPoineer DEH-P6900ub Head UnitSony Xplod 4way / Poineer ts-a1682r 4wayMTX Thunder 4500-4510-04Blaupunkt tha475always 93, always synthetic
TraySeeLea

Post by TraySeeLea »

my ipod is wired to my glove box that radio I got has an ipod feature....so it is nice to have it hidden.
Quote, originally posted by 4X4CHICHI »Oh the power of a pretty blonde...lol
piecuch1

Re: (TraySeeLea)

Post by piecuch1 »

I connected mine via RCA inputs to my Clarion aftermarket deck. I ran the cable behind the storage compartment below my shifter. Out of site when not in use and on my right thigh while in use. Kinda like a fighter pilot with his NAV gear on his leg.
2004 Pontiac Vibe GT2006.5 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X42004 Honda Shadow Sabre
briantforce

Re: (piecuch1)

Post by briantforce »

Quote, originally posted by piecuch1 »I ran the cable behind the storage compartment below my shifter. was it hard to rund the wire down to there?
- Brian T Force2003 Vibe GTBlack with gray lower pannelling, 17" alloysPoineer DEH-P6900ub Head UnitSony Xplod 4way / Poineer ts-a1682r 4wayMTX Thunder 4500-4510-04Blaupunkt tha475always 93, always synthetic
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i wanted to get the new ipod nano video..8gb..and was gonna put it in the compartment to the left so it's easy to get too..anyone ever installed one there?? if so, pics would be wonderful