backlight of headunit burnt out

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
manicdan

backlight of headunit burnt out

Post by manicdan »

well theres 3 lights that are used to power the backlight our headunits and the center one of mine burnt out, so now daytime driving i cant see anything in the middle of the display and nighttime its dim but not a problem. this should be under warranty right?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

HA! my left one Just burned out last thursday or wednesday. If you have warranty yes its covered...how about get yours fixed ill send you mine ...go back and be like oh the other light failed and get mine fixed! hahah Im going to have to crack my HU open to resolder some bulbs in :/
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

it's a thing with the gm radios..it's happened on my sunfire too..and i see it almost every day at work..dont know why they burn out so fast too
Raven

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by Raven »

My left one burnt out a few months ago. Way over the warranty on mileage but way under in time. I think these radios are junk. Nice function and features when they're working but...
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

.....they should of used led's.....
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ha here is that original one i was looking forhttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=25302
bergse01

Re: backlight of headunit burnt out (manicdan)

Post by bergse01 »

I bookmarked this gem after finding it. So far, the most thorough post and has pictures. even has the link to the radio shack website where you can buy the bulbs. My center and right bulbs have burned out. Its almost impossible to see the whole screen, even at night. Going to have to tackle this project soon. Wish the bean counters hadn't had the pull they did when making these radios with parts that fail just after the warranty period. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=23853Hope this helps everyone.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hmmm this site has some goofy issues with opening pages sometimes and its addresses...anyway I updated my link posted above! theres the link I ment to post