Mounting options for Sirius

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
shane_c

Mounting options for Sirius

Post by shane_c »

I know they come with the suction cup, and I saw someone on here that mounted it down by the floor at the centre console. Has anyone used either of these mounts?1) cup holder mounthttp://satellite-radio-source....d=1482) passenger seat bolt mounthttp://satellite-radio-source....d=151
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
KNINE

Re: Mounting options for Sirius (shane_c)

Post by KNINE »

I see that your future mods includes a new head unit. Why not get one that's Sirius ready? That's what I did and I'm happy with it.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
shane_c

Re: Mounting options for Sirius (K-NINE)

Post by shane_c »

I haven't updated that in a while. I'm thinking it might be cheaper if I didn't go that route and just played it through my factory HU. By the time you figure $150 for the HU, $100 for the tuner box, and $50 for things like the metra kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter. I'd be looking at at least $300 plus installation.If I got one of the external units I'd be looking at about $120 installed + the AUX2CAR or just getting one of those things that wires it into the FM instead of using the transmitter.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by shane_c »If I got one of the external units I'd be looking at about $120 installed + the AUX2CAR or just getting one of those things that wires it into the FM instead of using the transmitter.I had an Audiovox XM unit in my Vibe before I got my Pioneer / Sirius HU. I definitely needed to go through the antennae jack to get good reception. The local radio stations kept interfering with the FM modulator. If you're having somebody else do the installation, just go ahead and get the FM adapter. It's well worth the $45.00.I still have the Audiovox unit. Maybe I should try and sell it here. You need to post another picture of that puppy. I bet he's getting big!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
shane_c

Post by shane_c »

Thanks K-NINE, I've been wanting Sirius since it came out but it hasn't been in the budget. But we're trying to move back to Nova Scotia in the next few months which will mean a 6 day car ride for me. She'd fly down with the dogs. So to keep me company I'm really trying to get this. Hmmmmm I do have a birthday coming up in August. Here's another pic. Qimmiq (left) is 6 months old and Inuk (right) is a year.
KNINE

Re: (shane_c)

Post by KNINE »

The Sirius is great company on a road trip. The kids are gorgeous! I'm sure how the seat mount bracket would work (I guess I'd have to see one installed), but the cup holder bracket looks like a good option.
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

Bought one of the seat bolt mounts at the source (formerly radio shack) and it's great. My only beef is that it's a bit long, but i bent it to follow the same contour as the shift console.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I used something close to the Universal Gooseneck Mount back in the day to mount my 10 disk changer control. I really liked it. I had it mounted where I could rest my hand on it while I drove and could change tracks and disk without taking my eyes off the road. I was using a cup holder mount for my iPod and found it hard to change anything while driving. Hope this helps.