rear window question

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
needles

rear window question

Post by needles »

I just bought a 2007 base model and I saw while looking at other models that there was a button to open the rear window on the hatch. I did not notice that the one I bought did not have it untill I got it home. So I am a newbie here and i am sure this question has been answered before but is there any way to get this window open or a easy way to add the button to open it, is it already wired for it. not sure what to do , or am I just out of luck. Probably would not use it much but would be nice to have sometimes. thanks
[IMG][/IMG]
joatmon

Re: rear window question (needles)

Post by joatmon »

that is part of the power package, so if you got power windows and locks, then you should have also gotten the button to open the rear window, but if you did not get power windows and locks, then you should not have gotten the hatch glass release button.
needles

Post by needles »

I did not get the power windows or locks but is there any way i can open the window or even better , add the button to open it.
[IMG][/IMG]
ragingfish

Re: (needles)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by needles »I did not get the power windows or locks but is there any way i can open the window or even better , add the button to open it. Use your key. When you put the key in the cylinder for the hatch, you turn it one way to unlock the door, and turn it farther (if i remember correctly) to release the glass.No, you cannot add this feature easily. If you didn't get the power package, there is no wiring, no actuators, no nothing there to utilize.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
damronjr

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Use your key. When you put the key in the cylinder for the hatch, you turn it one way to unlock the door, and turn it farther (if i remember correctly) to release the glass.No, you cannot add this feature easily. If you didn't get the power package, there is no wiring, no actuators, no nothing there to utilize. Not positive, but I think you turn it one way to lock the door, the other way to pop the window.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

yeah, counterclockwise unlocks the whole back door, clockwise locks the whole back door if its unlocked, but if its already locked, then it'll open the glass... so basically if its unlocked you'll have to turn the key clockwise twice to open the glass
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
needles

Re: rear window question (needles)

Post by needles »

thanks for that, i am going to go try it out
[IMG][/IMG]