Compustar 2W Remote start or other brand

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
vibe_n00b

Compustar 2W Remote start or other brand

Post by vibe_n00b »

I just have mine installed on a 5-speed. Wondering if anyone has installed this on their vibe. If yes, can you share your experience of it?I found mine a bit complicate to use, but so far has no problem yet.
Factory options:Color: Wave BlueXM w/ 7 speakersSunroofABSPower package
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I have it I love it. Just remember all the functions are on the back of the remote. The remote start is super long range wich is great.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
meistees

Post by meistees »

same here... I've had to go back to the manual from time to time but otherwise love it
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
vibe_n00b

Post by vibe_n00b »

I love the set too. The only inconvenience I found was the auto lock part. Is there anyway to prevent the auto lock after I turn off the car and I am still sitting inside?
Celtic_Curse

Re: (vibe_n00b)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

What do you mean autolock? Do you have yours set on auto?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
vibe_n00b

Post by vibe_n00b »

I am not sure for the correct term. The alarm is on passive mode, which after several seconds you turn off the engine and apply your hand brake, the alarm will turn on and lock the doors. (I am not talking about reservation mode for auto start). I tried the "Passive arming on/off", I knew the difference but has nothing to do with the auto lock.My work around is to turn the key to acc, step on the brake so that the engine will turn off. Shift to any gear and not apply the hand brake. By doing this, I can still sit in the car without the alarm activate automatically.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Thats weird mine won't turn on until I press the button number 1. Take it back to your Compustar dealer and have them program it the way you want.