Replacing passenger back seat door speaker. Questions.

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
stoavio

Replacing passenger back seat door speaker. Questions.

Post by stoavio »

I recently purchased a lightly used 03 Neptune Vibe with moon & tunes and have discovered a persistent crackling/fuzziness in the rear passenger side (right back seat) door speaker. I'd like to replace it but have some questions. 1. What size is that speaker? 6.5 inches? What's the largest I can go? 6.75 inches?2. What brand of speaker is it and how many watts is it? Because it's a M&T speaker, I'm assuming it's different from just a regular stock speaker from a car without the M&T option, right? Thanks! -Mason
stoavio

Re: Replacing passenger back seat door speaker. Questions. (stoavio)

Post by stoavio »

I just realized that my speaker, which is a 6x9, more than likely will not fit in the door as it's oval instead of circular. Anyone know what size the speaker is or where I can find a replacement? Also, if I know the size, can I just purchase one of Best Buy that's the same size and use that instead of trying to find a manufacturer speaker?
KNINE

Re: Replacing passenger back seat door speaker. Questions. (stoavio)

Post by KNINE »

Have you tried Crutchfield on line? They make it simple.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
stoavio

Post by stoavio »

I'll check them out. Thanks. I'm really looking to buy a M&T speaker from someone on these boards though as I do not require a pair. If anyone has one for sale, please quote me a price shipped to 49442. Thanks.