Vibe HU Dash Kit Question

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
technophreak

Vibe HU Dash Kit Question

Post by technophreak »

I have an 03 Vibe and am looking for a dash kit to install a new HU. What I am looking for is a dash kit that has a door to cover the pocket.The kits that I'm finding, like this one by Scosche - http://www.scosche.com/scosche...2049B , all have the pocket wide open.The reason I would like the door is that I could mount an EQ in that pocket, but do not want to have it exposed to everyone that walks by my car. Just an added security feature I suppose. Does anyone know of a dash kit for a Vibe that has this feature?Yes, I know I could just put a cover over the opening and if someones wants to steal something out of my car, there is no stopping them.
mcgusto82

Re: Vibe HU Dash Kit Question (technophreak)

Post by mcgusto82 »

You can also just tint your car windows. You likely won' find a kit with a door.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Some cars have a covered storage compartment below the radio if they have a double DIN space but single DIN unit. It would be great if something like that would work here but the opening isn't double DIN.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joenobodyx

Post by joenobodyx »

I'm just amazed at the price that Scosche wants for that. I purchased that exact same one for my radio at Wal-Mart for half the price!