ScanGuage II

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Digger

ScanGuage II

Post by Digger »

My wife got me one for Christmas Hooked it up today but did not drive it yet. Any advice from those who have one?? It seems easy to use. I will be interested in seeing what the air temp is at the intake with my short ram. I put the display in between the center console and the center dash using a piece of Velcro to hold it to the carpet.
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

I am jealous... this is a toy I didn't get that I really did want.Oh well I guess I'll sneak it in at some point over the next year.
CAN-AWD-VIBE03 Neptune AWDInjen CAI, Hotchkis springs, custom magnaflow exhaust w/4" tip, tint, window deflectors, stubby antenna, 3pc Mr. Grille, foglight conversion mod, Grafxwerks front & steering wheels overlays, Injen oil cap, strut tower brace, P225/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 17" ADR Sokudos
coldmm803

Re: ScanGuage II (Digger)

Post by coldmm803 »

sweet, enjoyi'd love to have one to play with but that cost money that i dont have, stupid collegeyay i finally hit post 200
meistees

Post by meistees »

Quote, originally posted by Digger »My wife got me one for Christmas Hooked it up today but did not drive it yet. Any advice from those who have one?? It seems easy to use. I will be interested in seeing what the air temp is at the intake with my short ram. I put the display in between the center console and the center dash using a piece of Velcro to hold it to the carpet. I mounted mine with velcro too.. I love the thing it is pretty simple to use.. I have an Injen CAI and the intake temp usually reads about the same as the temp guage in the dash
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
Digger

Re: ScanGuage II (meistees)

Post by Digger »

The fuel econ readings seem to be right on also. will see after all the fine tuning is done.
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Lucky! I so want an upgrade to the II... Mine is just sitting in the house collecting dust, I can't mount it anywhere in the car where it will actually be usable. It was in the glove box but what's the point in that? Someday I shall have one of those new ones mounted to the top of the steering column. As far as advice, I guess all you really need to do for the first few tanks is fill up at the same place on the same pump if you can. Aside from that, just have fun checking out all the info it gives you and play the "how can i drive to get the best mileage" game.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

i had a quick question about the scanguageII i cant seem to find the answer. I wanted to know how long the cable is?
BlueCrush

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by BlueCrush »

Not sure but from the pic I would say somewhere between 3'-5':
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

6' according to the Scangauge Website:http://www.scangauge.com/produ...shtml
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Quote, originally posted by Digger » Any advice from those who have one?? It seems easy to use. I will be interested in seeing what the air temp is at the intake with my short ram. Untill you get use to it, it would probably be safer to have someone else drive while you play. I used my hand held GPS to tweak the MPH in. With my stock intake, the air temp is 6 to 7 degrees F greater than out side air while moving, when stopped 15+. The SG and the Vibe's air temp gauges read the same when initially started.The SG 2 looks alot nicer than the original, congrats on getting a very functional tool."EDIT" Ooops just took a look at the original post date.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Just Ordered one!!I hope it arrives soon!
Digger

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by Digger »

Mine is working spot on. the SR temp now that it is getting warmer still stayes about 6 deg. above outside themp. If I stop for a bit it does go up but goes right back down at speed.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

WOW!! now thats fast shipping!!!Just arrived today and I ordered it Monday and it arrived on Wednesday.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

OK!Now for a couple questions.1. What is being set for the Fuel tank size, and Fuel adjustment factor?2. Do we get readings for FPR and MAP from our Vibes?3. And has anyone calibrated the speed with GPS and what was the offset? Thanx!P.S. I love this gadget already!!!
RePo

Post by RePo »

The fuel tank is 13 gallons on all models except AWD has 12. There is no Fuel Pressure readout, and I don't recall if MAP reads. The speed is dead on accurate against GPS (TomTom), even though the speedo guage is inacurate over 60 mph (speedo reads 3 mph too high).
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code
Kamikaze

Re: (RePo)

Post by Kamikaze »

I just ordered my Scanguage II...I'll let you all know what I think when I get it...I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm re-incarnating this thread...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
02csnow

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by 02csnow »

I really want to get one, but dont have the money right now.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
Kamikaze

Re: (02csnow)

Post by Kamikaze »

I was the same way, but I figure I better do it now, cause when the baby comes... no more spending money on me...
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

What are the benefits of having one of these?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kamikaze

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »What are the benefits of having one of these?Instant notification for things like MPG, different temps, air/fuel mixture levels (not sure it that's available yet on the vibes...)not to mention if your check engine light comes on you can find out the code and problem yourself, and clear out codes...I mainly got it for fuel efficiency, but I plan to use it for friends cars and mine if the check engine light comes on...I don't know all that it does, and not pretending that I do... but just the MPG and codes are worth it for me.
lovemyraffe

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by lovemyraffe »

MPG isn't a huge concern for me. As far as codes go, I already have a scanner available to me. I'm not sure this is something I will be investing in.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Kamikaze

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Here's a link with a bunch of the features:http://www.scangauge.com/features/
ab2cmiller

Scangauge 139.99 shipped at Amazon

Post by ab2cmiller »

I've been wanting to purchase a Scangauge for some time, but never could pull the trigger. Well, today Amazon has the Scangauge for 139.99 shipped. Best price I've ever seen, including group buys.Link to Amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AAMY86 Link to discussion on slickdealshttp://forums.slickdeals.net/s...76161
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i'd like to get one aswell to see my MPG and stuff..and good thing is they arent to expensive which is nice
arlynd

Post by arlynd »

I was thinking about this on Friday. I put the Scangauge into my Amazon wish list. Saturday morning I went back to Amazon to buy it and the price had jumped $20.
Base 2008 Vibe, MT, Preferred Package, Platinum
kunkstyle

Re: (arlynd)

Post by kunkstyle »

Somebody must have made a typo.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
ab2cmiller

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by ab2cmiller »

Amazon fluctuates their prices all the time. I'm guessing they lowered their price to relieve some inventory and bumped it back up the next day. I didn't figure that they would leave the price at 139.99 very long. I doubt very much it was a typo
09Red_Se

2009 fit

Post by 09Red_Se »

09's have the perfect spot in the dash to install one. Just measured the cd slot and it's pretty much exactly the right size. Have to wait till Wed to pick one up - cheap when you consider the cost of several guages, let alone the simplicity of installation. Will post pic when installed.
prathman

Re: (ab2cmiller)

Post by prathman »

Quote, originally posted by ab2cmiller »Amazon fluctuates their prices all the time. I'm guessing they lowered their price to relieve some inventory and bumped it back up the next day. I didn't figure that they would leave the price at 139.99 very long. I doubt very much it was a typoBut Linear Logic has a 'Minimum Advertised Price' policy on the unit at $159, so Amazon was violating that briefly with their $139 ad. Seems unlikely that they would choose to violate it for just one day and then jump right back into compliance. Either a mistake of some kind or they were testing to see how serious Linear Logic is about enforcing its MAP.
09Red_Se

Re: 2009 installed

Post by 09Red_Se »

Very tight fit.Really need to use a dremel and cut out the bottom of the 'tray' about 1/32 - 1/16 of an inch to fit (height-wise).Managed to shoe-horn it in, but it was a fight.

Attached files
XRTIM

Re: (CAN-AWD-VIBE)

Post by XRTIM »

I put mine in the little swing compartment left of the steering wheel. A fellow MO member came up with this.Silly R@bbit made a nice "How to".http://matrixowners.com/index....39&hl=
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (XRTIM)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Mine's velcro-ed to the top of the steering column where I can access and see it easily:
kevera

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by kevera »

Has anyone sent their's back to scanGauge for the free software updates yet?
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (kevera)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »Has anyone sent their's back to scanGauge for the free software updates yet?Are you talking about the XGauge upgrade? No, but I'm planning to B4 summer. Got some road trips I'd like it for.I was hoping they'd come up with that USB interface to download data to your PC, but that's been shelved, apparently.
Corn1849

Post by Corn1849 »

Could someone tell me ... Where's the OBDII port located???I just ordered a KiwiMPG. Similar to the scanguage, but a bit cheaper.http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwimpg/http://w ... ro...=1492
2005 Vibe AWD
ColonelPanic

Re: (Corn1849)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Lower left edge of the instrument panel... down and to the left of the wheel.

Image Image
Corn1849

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by Corn1849 »

Ahh, thanks. It was so obvious when I got down and looked.I was expecting it to be hidden behind a cover.
2005 Vibe AWD
ColonelPanic

Re: (Corn1849)

Post by ColonelPanic »

No prob! When you get that gizmo in, we expect you to make a thread about it complete with a full review.

Image Image
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...another "lurker" here who's also interested in learning more about the Kiwi-MPG unit...decision time between the Kiwi and a ScanGuage-II, or something similar?!?
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A