Who here has a remote starter?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
ArcsVibe

Who here has a remote starter?

Post by ArcsVibe »

When I was getting my new remote starter/alarm combo installed on Friday the installer told me that this is the new "standard" mod (lets say) that people are getting done. My question is to you fellow Vibe/Matrix owners. Do you have one, if yes which model? For those that want one which model would you get? ....and of course those that don't want one may I ask why?Thanks gang!Let me start...yes I have one. It is the autostart AS-6600iTW-FM.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

BlueCrush

Re: Who here has a remote starter? (ArcsVibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I want one along with heated seats but it is at the bottom of my mod priority list .
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

I have the Viper 790XV. Remote Start / Alarm with Two-Way Responder remote. I also have the same unit on my Wife's 2000 Grand Am.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

I have one in each car. The Vibe has an Autostart http://www.autostart.ca installed be the dealer where I worked and bought the car... works great, it is not really on the site anymore. I have the carbon fiber look remotes with blue LED's. Pretty basic starter/keyless entery unit. I like it. I would like yours better.The Forester has a Code Alarm CA670 http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audi...stems 2way, security, REALLY good range and it confirms. I like both systems but I really love the 2way... sitting at a restaurant waiting for the bill, hit the button, and KNOW the car is running, thats just so convenient and nice. Plus it's an alarm so if anyone messes with the car it calls me and tells me if they opened the door or hit it in the parking lot.
CAN-AWD-VIBE03 Neptune AWDInjen CAI, Hotchkis springs, custom magnaflow exhaust w/4" tip, tint, window deflectors, stubby antenna, 3pc Mr. Grille, foglight conversion mod, Grafxwerks front & steering wheels overlays, Injen oil cap, strut tower brace, P225/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 17" ADR Sokudos
mcgusto82

Re: Who here has a remote starter? (CAN-AWD-VIBE)

Post by mcgusto82 »

I bought on off ebay, installed it myself. it didn't work ofcourse. couldn't send it back, so that left a bad taste in my mouth.
coldmm803

Re: Who here has a remote starter? (mcgusto82)

Post by coldmm803 »

i got one its a viper 560xv. i like it, if my car is ever bumped at all i'll know, when i unlock it will beep extra times and the # of extra lets me know what sensor was set off. it helps with the winter having the remote start... for those of us that have winter. the only thing is a 2 way remote would help to know if it actually started (mines only 1 way)
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

We have one in my wife's Kia Optima- Crimestopper 900 series installed by Boomer McLoud. It has worked flawlessly for over 1 year. I don't have one in the Vibe because it wouldn't do me any good. I work underground and the remote won't work until Iexit the tunnel to the parking lot.
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: Who here has a remote starter? (nygiantzz1)

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

i have one i just forgot the model number for it though but its awesome you just need to find the proper paper work for it go to best buy the can get you the paper for the wiring for it thats where i got it done because my fiend worked there
2010 vibe gt
mikey00

Re: Who here has a remote starter? (BlueCrush)

Post by mikey00 »

I have a Valet 561R and it works great.
Houston

Post by Houston »

I have a Viper Starter/alarm system and it has always worked perfectly.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
meistees

Post by meistees »

Compustar 2W900FM-AS remote start/security was pricey but works great
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
zionzr2

Re: Who here has a remote starter? (BlueCrush)

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I want one along with heated seats but it is at the bottom of my mod priority list .And heated exterior mirrorsAgain this mod at the bottom of the list unless some one feels the need to give me one for free and install for free.
KrazyB

Post by KrazyB »

Yes I have one I bought a Compustar 2WFMR 2 way pager system, I love it no more scraping the windows in the winter scraping a foot of snow really sucks
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

had a Rattler 369D in the Vibe. would highly recommend it.Have a GM factory remote start (RPO AP3 baby!) in the G6. Ohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ArcsVibe

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish » Have a GM factory remote start (RPO AP3 baby!) in the G6. Ohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh!That is what my installer was telling me that more and more auto makers are installing them or making them options.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

satur9

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by satur9 »

python 2way alarm remote start.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

I have an audiovox aps 686t hooket to an output trigger of my alpine SEC-8081 alarm works awsome and the 2 way communication works.Aron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
mathteacher'04vibe

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by mathteacher'04vibe »

I do not have a desire to get one--to me it's one more thing to cause a car not to start. I got rid of a Grand Am because the security system left me stranded several times. It would be nice to not have to scrape snow though. Either way, I will scrape my windshield and let the car warm-up knowing that it will start--or at least will not not start--because of another electrical component.
'04 Vibe 1.8VVT-i, K&N Typhoon S/R, Fullboar muffler w/3.5" resonator tip. Sony CDX-GT500 h/u + Fosgate mono amp w/2 10" woofers & cap. Tinted side rear windows, SilverStar headlights and Cool Blue fogs. DC Sports Headers. 2.5" stainless pipe from stock resonator to muffler. Limited 903's (17x7.5) Gunmetal Gray with 225/45/R17 Strata tires. Link to my photobucket videos: http://s100.photobucket.com/al...ideos/
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Unfortunately quality of the alarm, as well as, if not moreso, the install, is very important with these things. I had problems with my first car's alarm (a 93 Ford Probe GT with an Audiovox Prestige alarm) that turned out to be a shoddy install. I later ripped it out in favor of a rattler and never had a problem again.Of the remote starts I have installed, i've only had one or two come back with problems. One of which was a seperate engine problem NOT caused by the install, and the rest were nothing to do with the remote start itself, but with a feature that the client wanted turned on or off.Truth be told, i'd be lost without my RS. Even with the deep cycle battery I now have in my Vibe, I have to start it every couple of days just to keep it charged up. Fortunately, when I go out of town, I can just set the RS to start up every other day, and it keeps it fresh.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
drunkenmaxx

Re:

Post by drunkenmaxx »

like fishy, i have the gm remote start. standard equipment on the LT model!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"