Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
LUVROK

Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Post by LUVROK »

I just ordered the Premier DEH-P980BT. I was planning on getting the Pioneer DEH-P6800 but learned that the 7800 (Premier 780) and 9800 (Premier 980) have 24-bit DACs that provide much improved sound quality. So, I was going to go with the 7800 just for the 24-bit DAC and full color screen when the bluetooth hands free option in the 9800/980 got me thinking. There will be much less wiring and hardware going with integrated bluetooth than going with a Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, etc. bluetooth hands free kit. This thing is really slick...I can't wait to complete the install and try it out. The sound quality should be a huge improvement over my current stock head unit with Polk db components. Full install notes, pics and review to follow.Here is a link and pic of the unit:http://www.pioneerelectronics.....html
2005 GT, Neptune, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Eibach Sportline Springs, Progress Rear Swaybar, DC Sports Strut Tower Bar, Tow package
Mrizzle05

Re: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT (LUVROK)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

thats a sweet looking deck!!!I like pioneer a lot... and that tops all ive seen.Im trying to get a nice calrion with usb port on it. if im lucky my buddys tryin to get me a in-dash touch screen dvd unit.
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
binary

Post by binary »

Nice deck... I've always liked Pioneer, especially the Premier gear.Their expansion bus is bar-none the best on the market for hooking up acesories like CD changers, Sat radio tuners, iPod interfaces, and the like.With a built in bluetooth interface... wow... just wow.
spoonman

Post by spoonman »

I just installed one of those awhile back myself!! It is one sweet HU to be sure!!!I really LOVE the bluetooth. Much easier to talk on the phone now and drive, 'specially when I have to shift. Did you get the iPod adapter or anything like that, or just the stock HU???Here is my post... although I never did post any pics. I should do that soon. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24802
'04 Monotone Satellite Base Vibe, 5-Spd. w/ ABS, power and M&T Packages
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

bout how much is it i have a sony Ericsson and am curently looking at some head units. right now im hooked on Dual Audios XDM7510 http://www.dualav.com/receivers/xdm7510.html thats aboout 140. at best buy.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
LUVROK

Post by LUVROK »

I paid $400 at EBTelectronicts.comThey are an authorized Pioneer Premier dealer. I wouldn't buy one anywhere you would have trouble using Pioneer's warranty. The Premier has a two year warranty where the Pioneer has 1 year.I don't have an iPOD or any other portable player but installed the PNR2 SIRIUS tuner. The sound quality is better than with my Starmate Replay but the signal keeps dropping out. I am thinking I installed it at too much of an angle up above the passenger floor mat. maybe it's heating up too much.The bluetooth hands free phone is awesome. I am using my old Motorola V551 but will be switching soon to a Cingular Sony Ericsson W300i.
2005 GT, Neptune, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Eibach Sportline Springs, Progress Rear Swaybar, DC Sports Strut Tower Bar, Tow package
LUVROK

Post by LUVROK »

Installation Update:The head unit has been installed for over a month and installed the satelite tuner and iPod adapter a couple of weeks ago. Sirius tuner & iPod adapter under the passenger front seat Hands-free microphone ScreensiPod Display Format Screens Background Animations Vehicle Dynamics Sci-fi Movie Background Random Function screen shots I'll take some finished install pics of the head unit from farther away at night. The blue glow behind the multi control knob and of the buttons is nice and clean looking.I picked up a Sony Ericsson W810i phone that connects automatically now whenever the car is started...don't have to manually search each device for bluetooth. All pics above were taken with the phone's 2.0MP camera. The pics are blury from not being steady and from not properly setting up the camera functions at the distance they were taken. I only wish it had Stereo Bluetooth so I could send music from it's 2GB memory stick pro duo to the stereo. Although I'm not sure if I'd be able to control the music from the head unit like I can with the iPod adapter. The 8GB iPod nano I won from an online survey a week ago just chills out leaning above my shifter.