Eclipse avn7000

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
6Stringer

Eclipse avn7000

Post by 6Stringer »

I'm looking for a video/navigation touchscreen for my (future...) vibe this summer.Money isnt necessarily an issue, though lets not get ridiculous.Has anybody had any experience with the Eclipse AVN7000?I like that it has everything in one bundle and even on a hard drive for faster processing- my only question is whether or not the available Ipod connection is high-speed or not...The other option i was looking at was the Alpine IVA-D100, and separate navigation unit from alpine..any opinions on either of these setups??(these would be going through the moon & tunes systems, if that matters..)
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Could also look at the (soon to be released) AVIC-Z1 from Pioneer.Eclipse is good.Alpine is overpriced.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
6Stringer

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by 6Stringer »

Quote, originally posted by Jahntassa »Could also look at the (soon to be released) AVIC-Z1 from Pioneer.Eclipse is good.Alpine is overpriced.crutchfield says the z1 doesnt fit the vibe...
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Crutchfield says NOTHING fits the Vibe. When in fact you'd be hard pressed to find a radio that doesn't fit the Vibe.The Vibe has a wide-Double-Din opening. You can fit pretty much anything in there.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
dallarosaj

Re: Eclipse avn7000 (6Stringer)

Post by dallarosaj »

I have the pioneer Avic N-2 and I like it got it at a good price and for the I-pod all you have to do it buy the adapter. If you want to bypass the system on the eclipes so you can watch movies from the front seat while driving it wont happen, I bypassed my Avic N-2 so now the passanger can watch movies and change the route while I am driving insted of having to stop everytime. To be honest with you I would just get the Avic-N2 and save the extra 500 that you will save to get last years model. the N-2 and the Z-1 are the same just new for 2006 with 2 featurs that are upgraded thats it.
6Stringer

Re: Eclipse avn7000 (dallarosaj)

Post by 6Stringer »

Quote, originally posted by dallarosaj »If you want to bypass the system on the eclipes so you can watch movies from the front seat while driving it wont happen, ... not doubting you, but can anybody else verify that there is in fact NO way to bypass this???because that would be a big turn off for me...also- is it difficult to bypass the AVIC-N2...and---what's the difference in the N3 listed on pioneer's website???
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

The N3 is the current year model, there might be some sort of hack you could find somewhere online, but I haven't seen it yet. It's no longer as simple as 'grounding out a wire'. Pioneer programmed it to sense when you're moving and locks it out.
Waxler6942

Post by Waxler6942 »

There is a way to bypass the N2 it is not that difficult you just have to put it in bench mode
2003 MonoTone Base / MT PackagePioneer AVIC-N1 with Sirius TunerPolk db6500 ( front ) Polk MMC650 ( rear )Directed 750d Amp ( underback seat ) pushing Polk Momo 12" Focal F10 18Rain Guards 2% Tint in Rear with Drips on FrontPainted Side MirrorsCustom Hood
dallarosaj

Re: (Waxler6942)

Post by dallarosaj »

"There is a way to bypass the N2 it is not that difficult you just have to put it in bench mode"....................You have to soder to connections together and hook it up to a switch so you can turn on and off the bypass in case you get pulled over then you can flip the switch. The is a Way to bypass the N3 I am still working on that but that is what they said about the N2 but I made it happen.
6Stringer

Re: (dallarosaj)

Post by 6Stringer »

so why is the AVN7000 different?Wouldnt there be some way around that HU as well?
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

I'm guessing that nobody has any experience with it, so you'd probably be better off finding an Eclipse forum somewhere..