What Security/Alarm System Do You Have

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Fast Eddie

What Security/Alarm System Do You Have

Post by Fast Eddie »

Though we have talked about security/alarm systems, it seems we never had a poll. So here goes.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, Pwr Pkg, Grafxwerks Badging, Coolblue Headlights, Silverstar Fogs, APC Silver Pedals Kit.
d johnson

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (Fast Eddie)

Post by d johnson »

How do you like your Security Systems on your Pontiac Vibe? I am talking about Factory Installed Security Systems now . From what I read the factory system covers a quite a bit . Exactly how does this security system work I read something about motion detector ? The Reason I am asking, is because I am getting ready to purchase my new Pontiac Vibe and was wondering if the Secrity System is worth the $$$ Thank You for the Reply!Dean J.
Herb

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (d johnson)

Post by Herb »

Ok, basically the security system flashes your lights and honks the horn when tripped.The system will trigger when: Glass breakage occurs Locks unlock without key or remote unlock If the car is hotwired If battery is disconnected and reconnected while system is armedThere is an LED that is active when armed, and is located by the dimmer control on the lower left side of the dash.The system will automatically arm if all locks are locked after about 30 seconds.The car can be started and operated by a non factory cut copied key. However if the system is armed, and the door is unlocked by copied key, the alarm will be triggered.Personally my impression is that it could be better. The location of the armed status LED is difficult to see from the outside.It's not really the best system out there in my opinion, but I guess it does the job
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
mu_ohio

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (Herb)

Post by mu_ohio »

I personally think it offers all that you need. If someone wants your car, they will take it or steal what they want. Depending on where you live or work, there are a lot of things you can do to make your car less appealing.
2004 Pontiac GTOPhantom Black w/black leather
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (mu_ohio)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

I went for an aftermarket one cause I wanted a remote starter too. Also, I like gadget, so I bought a virtual 2 way alarm/ starter combo.
Frosty

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (d johnson)

Post by Frosty »

I think it worth the $$$ to get the factory system. I didn't realize how feature packed the Vibe Alarm was until after I ordered the system. My salesman didn't know what it was like when asked.see http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=2154 If I hadn't done some of the work I would have paid the same as the Vibe one to have the Proguard installed by a shop.Go factory if you can.
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Frosty

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (Herb)

Post by Frosty »

quote: The location of the armed status LED is difficult to see from the outside.Perhaps another LED could be installed?
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (Frosty)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

quote: The location of the armed status LED is difficult to see from the outside.Perhaps another LED could be installed?Yep. In my Cavalier, I had 3 leds. 1 under the radio, and 1 on each door. I you want to put more, I recomand a relay.
Kamikaze

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by Kamikaze »

Wow, Feb of 2003 was the last post on this one.. obviously not the last vote...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
KrazyB

Re: What Security/Alarm System Do You Have (Kamikaze)

Post by KrazyB »

I also bought an aftermarket alarm with the 2way pager remote and auto start.
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Aftermarket all the way Alpine SEC-8081 to be exactAron
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Vibe2009

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by Vibe2009 »

Anybody have information regarding factory alarm for 2009?
Red Hot Metallic 2.4L, 5sp Auto, 17" Chrome Clad wheels, XM
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Python (DEI) 872 responder LE... 2 way systemvarious sensors (don't talk about that much, ever)back-up batteryBattery backed up siren (plus the stock one)interior pain generatorsWindow moduleremote startnot in the Vibe.. lol..