Moon & Tunes package quesion

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
vibedrvr04

Moon & Tunes package quesion

Post by vibedrvr04 »

OK...here's my question.For all those members out there with 2004 Vibes with the Moon & Tunes package...is there anyone of you that does NOT have the 7th speaker in the cargo area (subwoofer i think it is)? I just realized that my premium sound system...only consists of 6 speakers, yet my bill of sale lists full price charged for the premium system...am i missing something or did i get ripped off?Please let me know, cause if i got screwed, GM's gonna pay for my freakin supercharger
BlueCrush

Re: Moon & Tunes package quesion (vibedrvr04)

Post by BlueCrush »

2005+ have the Subwoofers option. '03 & '04 it was not an option.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

The sub didn't come around until the 2005 MY, the 2003-2004's were only six speakers. And I guess anything above the standard 4-speaker setup is to be considered a "premimum sound system."
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibedrvr04

Re: Moon & Tunes package quesion (ColonelPanic)

Post by vibedrvr04 »

Phew...Thanks guys. I was ready to go chew some serious (removed) about that...probably would've been more fun to do that, but at least i know i didn't get royally screwed over by gm
Puckman27

Post by Puckman27 »

not too quick on catchin/askin about that are ya?? i mean its only 2006 now
2k3 Vibe GTAbyss/GraphiteTinted WindowsKenwood Head UnitRF Punch P1625 Components http://members.cardomain.com/puckman27
vibedrvr04

Re: Moon & Tunes package quesion (Puckman27)

Post by vibedrvr04 »

Har-de-har-har.....I haven't payed much attention to my audio system much...most of my attention has gone towards performance and styling...but hey...whatcha gonna do right?Nobody ever accused me of being the sharpest crayon in the box
binary

Post by binary »

You could scope out a wrecked +05 and scavange the rear sub and interior bits.
Puckman27

Re: (binary)

Post by Puckman27 »

how big is the sub in the 2005-06 models anyways?
2k3 Vibe GTAbyss/GraphiteTinted WindowsKenwood Head UnitRF Punch P1625 Components http://members.cardomain.com/puckman27
BlueCrush

Re: (Puckman27)

Post by BlueCrush »

I just measured mine and it is 8" across the speaker grill/cover/screen (whatever you want to call it). So I would assume it is an 8" sub.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Vibr8tr

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Vibr8tr »

I posted this in another thread, but it fits better here.... any help is still apreaciated.OK, I have a completely different question.... but I didn't want to start a thread on it.... so I found an old one that was on the same topic.Are the 03 & 04 Amps the same as the 05+ ? I was thinking about finding a sub from the junkyard from a M&T 05+., but don't know if I can just "plug it in" to my amp. I like the idea of it being tucked away so I don't loose any room. And I don't need a "Big Boom" sub, just something to add some depth to my sound.We talked about it, and looked at the Orlando meet, but couldn't tell. The Amps look the same, and so does the wiring... any insight?Also, I do have the amp schematic for 04... but it doesn't say anything about sub.
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
joatmon

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by Vibr8tr »I posted this in another thread, but it fits better here.... any help is still apreaciated.OK, I have a completely different question.... but I didn't want to start a thread on it.... so I found an old one that was on the same topic.Are the 03 & 04 Amps the same as the 05+ ? I was thinking about finding a sub from the junkyard from a M&T 05+., but don't know if I can just "plug it in" to my amp. I like the idea of it being tucked away so I don't loose any room. And I don't need a "Big Boom" sub, just something to add some depth to my sound.We talked about it, and looked at the Orlando meet, but couldn't tell. The Amps look the same, and so does the wiring... any insight?Also, I do have the amp schematic for 04... but it doesn't say anything about sub.THere is this schematic for the 03 http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...o.gif but I looked at schematics for 2003, 2004, and 2005, and there were some changes in speaker wiring between all three years. THese changes affected the following pins on amp connectors (LR = left rear, RR = right rear)2003A9 Not UsedA10 Not UsedA11 Not UsedA12 Not Used B1 RR-B2 RR+G LR+H LR-2004A9 RR+ REDA10 RR- WHTA11 LR+ BLKA12 LR- YELB1 Not Used BLUB2 Not Used LT GRNG Not Used YELH Not Used BLK2005A9 RR+A10 RR-A11 LR+A12 LR-B1 Sub (R-?)B2 Sub (R+?)G Sub (L+?)H Sub (L-?)If the amps are all the same, (and it think it is possible) then there are two sets of rear speaker outputs. 2003 used one set, then they moved them to the other set for 2004, and for 2005, they used the first set to drive the sub. That's my theory anyway based on the wiring diagrams. The 05 diagram I had didn't identify the signals going to the sub, just the four wires went there, so assuming the same signals as in the 03 diagram, I put them in parentheses in the 05 list above.I guess one thing to try would be to try to hook up a four ohm speaker to the sub out pins and see if you get a rear speaker channel on it.
Vibr8tr

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Vibr8tr »

Wow Joat, good find. That answers my question completely. I have some 4 Olms, and will try it. If that works then I will start on a hunt for an 05+ sub. Thanks for the help.I am with AKLGT now.... VOTE FOR JOAT!!!!!, lol
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
videotransmission

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by videotransmission »

I bought a sub from an 06 on eBay for $25 + shipping.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...d=1,1Now with the information here I should be able to install it. The other issue is where the sub mounts. I'll have to find the part that covers the sub for a nice neat factory look. Thanks for the help and the great information.

Attached files
Renfeld

Post by Renfeld »

That is what the coveted stock sub is? OMFG! I think I'm gunna have to do this myself. I already have the sub I'm going to use and the amplifier. 10" Eclipse Aluminum Acustic Thruster paired with a Zapco 500M class a/b amplifier. Now I just have to figure out how to make an enclosure...I was hoping I could find the stock interior panel and work with that, but I think I'm going to have to just say screw it and cut the one I already have, cuz that stock stuff is crap!
TravisCrazier than a dog in a hub cap factory
VibeHigher

Re: (Renfeld)

Post by VibeHigher »

I'm going to bump this because I have a new question. I have the 03 moon and tunes package but half the channels on my amp are dead. I just purchased an 05 amp off ebay for $50 with shipping (SCORE!!). Can I just swap this out or will I have to do some wiring changes? It looks like I can just plug the connectors in the same place...
2003 Lava Vibe :: Moon & TunesMods from Dynamat, Blaupunkt, K&N and Motegi