MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
GMJAP

Re: (HARMLESSV8)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by HARMLESSV8 »like to get one but i live in canada would you send up this way my postal # T1P-1L6 let me know Yes, I'll ship to Canada for an extra shipping charge of $1 for a total of $21.00 (US).I've IMed you for payment details.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
futureviber

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (GMJAP)

Post by futureviber »

Quote, originally posted by GMJAP »... Also, the other day after I installed this mod I heard it make the "unlock" beep in the driveway as I took my keys out of my pocket in the kitchen. Before, I would've never known I accidently hit it.The other night when I was going out to my car I unlocked it but then stopped in the driveway to talk to my boyfriends dad for a few minutes. After 1-2 minutes i still hadn't opened the door and the car locked itself back. I havn't thought to test this again-it could have just been a fluke or i could have hit the button without knowing (although i dont know how the button would have gotten hit)has anyone else had this happen?? I thought it was cool if it is programmed to do this.
kunkstyle

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (futureviber)

Post by kunkstyle »

I'm guessing the button got bumped. Can't say I've ever had mine lock on it's own...
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
futureviber

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (13Vibe03)

Post by futureviber »

yay! I'm not crazy!! I figured it was something like this. So really, there is no reason that I should feel the need to make my horn go off if i lock/unlock it... unless I just want to hear the horn because i like it.
yakrider

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (futureviber)

Post by yakrider »

hmm, I actually only want to get the vibe to beep every now and then in a crowded parking lot where i can't exactly remember where i left it (and everyone else has massive SUVs that block out my nice little vibe). So I was thinking if there was an easy way to make it beep only when the complete unlock was done (by pressing the unlock button twice). That way I will still be able to silently sneak back home at 2am. ;-)I'm not sure if the flashing route would work with this since the single press that unlocks the drivers side and the double press that unlocks all the doors both seem produce same flash patterns, but maybe there is a different internal signal?Any thoughts on that GMJAP? I could start mucking around with an oscilloscope (isnt it nice that the vibe so conveniently provides 115V to power a scope to muck around with it :-), but I figured, if there's knowledge sitting around, better inquire for it first. hehe
GMJAP

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (yakrider)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by yakrider »hmm, I actually only want to get the vibe to beep every now and then in a crowded parking lot where i can't exactly remember where i left it (and everyone else has massive SUVs that block out my nice little vibe). So I was thinking if there was an easy way to make it beep only when the complete unlock was done (by pressing the unlock button twice). That way I will still be able to silently sneak back home at 2am. ;-)I'm not sure if the flashing route would work with this since the single press that unlocks the drivers side and the double press that unlocks all the doors both seem produce same flash patterns, but maybe there is a different internal signal?Any thoughts on that GMJAP? I could start mucking around with an oscilloscope (isnt it nice that the vibe so conveniently provides 115V to power a scope to muck around with it :-), but I figured, if there's knowledge sitting around, better inquire for it first. heheMy first suggestion would be to hack your fob to use the PANIC feature. You wouldn't have any doubt where your Vibe was then... http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=16401Otherwise I could look at doing a custom module (though I would ask an extra fee).
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
yakrider

Post by yakrider »

you rock man. that panic button is awesome.The plan now is to put a small recessed switch like those found in the backside of cellphones etc that you need to stab with something pointed like a ball point pen tip to activate.That way, I just need to drill a tiny hole to let the pen tip through, and it will be conveniently out of reach most of the time.I tried searching for those switches at the parts bin at my workplace and then at mouser, but no luck yet, they gotta be somewhere.. hehe.. more looking then...btw GMJAP, no wonder they put the GenVibe God tag around your name. hehe. muchos kudos.
kunkstyle

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (yakrider)

Post by kunkstyle »

Finally got the module installed. Thanks!
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
GMJAP

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock (kunkstyle)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »Finally got the module installed. Thanks!Good deal! ---Still have modules in stock!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

got the replacement in and all is working My sister just wants it to beep on lock though, so Ill pull that jumper. Thanks again GMJAP.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Hey, have I mentioned how much I love mine? It's wonderful having my car tell me the doors are locked as I'm walking away not looking at it!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
GMJAP

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by GMJAP »

Cool, glad it's working out for you guys! (well, for your sister NV!)
jaydees

Re: (GMJAP)

Post by jaydees »

How's your stock on these modules? I just picked up an 03 Salsa and miss the lock/unlock confirmation that was on my ex's Camry.
sjbourg

Re: (jaydees)

Post by sjbourg »

I'm interested in one too!
GMJAP

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by jaydees »How's your stock on these modules? I just picked up an 03 Salsa and miss the lock/unlock confirmation that was on my ex's Camry. Still have stock. The modules are still $20 including shipping (in US).PayPal is accepted atsales@ascendantsys.comIf you decide to order one, just PayPal $20 and I'll get it shipped out.Thanks for the interest.
XRTIM

Post by XRTIM »

BUMP for a great product and great seller!!! Mine has never faltered!!!
jaydees

Post by jaydees »

Just order it! Can't wait to install - this will be my first official mod.
sjbourg

Post by sjbourg »

I just ordered mine too. Looking forward to it. Thanks.
LedFootin

Post by LedFootin »

Quote, originally posted by jaydees »Just order it! Can't wait to install - this will be my first official mod. I ordered mine y'day. I can't wait ether.Try the sun roof mod to get rid of the soft stop, its an easy one, you'll love it.
Platinum '06 GT: F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch w/10lb. Flywheel, Magnaflow Cat Back, Typhoon SRI, TRD Strut Bar, TRD Sway Bar Set, Eleminated Moon Roof Soft Stop, Horn Lock Conformation, Color Matched Key Hole Covers, Rear Bumper Protector, Debadged.
GMJAP

Re: (LedFootin')

Post by GMJAP »

Now that the 2009 redesign is out, I should note here that the module is compatible with model years 2003-2008 Vibe / Matrix. I do not know if it would work on a 2009, as I haven't any information on that yet but I would doubt it.
moongdss

Post by moongdss »

Why don't you find a 09er who's willing to test and send them a module to try out for you?I'm on the fence about this mod... nice to know you still have them incase I fall your way Thanks!
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
Sull

Post by Sull »

Do you have any of these kits left ??Thanks
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

I'm also interested in one of these kits for my '08. I work at a mall, and finding the Vibe in the parking lot can take me 10 minutes if I didn't have enough coffee when I arrived in the morning.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
NascarXprt

Re: (Sull)

Post by NascarXprt »

ClunkClunk and Sull if you guys want i can email him and find out.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ClunkClunk

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by ClunkClunk »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »ClunkClunk and Sull if you guys want i can email him and find out.I'd appreciate it if you could. :-)
2002sportside

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by 2002sportside »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »ClunkClunk and Sull if you guys want i can email him and find out.I'm interested too, though I doubt he'll have three kits lying around...
2005 Moonstone Base Vibe 38k as of October, 2010 (41k as of 7-15-11)Moon & Tunes, power package, automatic, center console power port added
Sull

Re: (ClunkClunk)

Post by Sull »

If you could please...HEY GUYS. I asked first
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

NascarXprt, did you ever hear back from GMJAP?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

he had the kit fabbed so he can just order them... but I havent heard from him in a while....My sister has my vibe and the kit works great still.
~MRVIBE2006~

Re: (northvibe)

Post by ~MRVIBE2006~ »

I too am also interested if he has anymore of these lying around. Looks like a quick and easy mod.
2006 ABYSS VIBE: 20% TINT ALL AROUND FRONT & REAR SPLASH GUARDS MAGNAFLOW CAT-BACK EXHAUST GOODYEAR EAGLE GT (235/45/17) WITH TC WHEELS (SUMMER) DUNLOP WINTER SPORT M3 (215/55/16) ON STOCK ALLOYS (WINTER) AUTO VENTSHADE WINDOW VENTS PLUS SUNROOF VENT K/N AIR FILTER,OTHER DRESS-UP GOODIES...
GMJAP

Re: (~MRVIBE2006~)

Post by GMJAP »

Hey all. Sorry I missed the posts / PMs. I still stop by the forums but not so regularly. NascarXprt if you emailed me it must have been caught in the spam filter.I still have 5 modules for anyone that's interested. They are still$20 inc. shipping to lower 48 and$21 inc. shipping to Canada.PayPal is accepted at sales ascendantsys comThe mod is fairly simple, but working in the tight space of the dash can be a bit challenging. You can also send questions to the above address.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

yea it must have.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
headcold

Post by headcold »

I got my kit in last night and an hour later it was installed. Thanks! The beep is subtle, not a full volume honk, i like it.
08 Base Platinum/Grey.Injen CAI. 10" sub & amp. Ground wire kit. Scangauge II. Honk on lock kit. Siren & PA. Fog light protectors. Insulated AC line. Double-height console lid. 12v outlet in console.
injns

Re: (northvibe)

Post by injns »

Do you have any left i am interested 09 vibe 1.8 fwd
GMJAP

Re: (injns)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by injns »Do you have any left i am interested 09 vibe 1.8 fwdthanks for the interest, but unfortunately the module was designed for 03-08 Vibes and not the redesigned 2009 model.
wpgmike

Post by wpgmike »

i would like one of these kits if you have any available. I have an 05 vibe, and can paypal. i have sent you an email to sales ascendantsys com
GMJAP

Re: (wpgmike)

Post by GMJAP »

wpgmike - Received your email and sent a kit.General Note: Please be aware there are no more kits available. I hope they are working out for everyone who got one. Please contact me if you do have any problems atsales ascendantsys com
mlbecknell

Post by mlbecknell »

is there any of them left ???
A Psycho Martyr

Re: MOD: Horn beeps on keyless entry remote lock/unlock

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Any thoughts on producing a second batch? I'm sure there are several who'd be interested?

Or a quote on producing a one-off piece?