Aftermarket Stereo Upgrade

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
mkl116

Aftermarket Stereo Upgrade

Post by mkl116 »

Test drove a Vibe and stereo sucked as expected. Has anyone swapped in an aftermarket head unit/speakers/amps? How was installation process? I haven't seen a kit yet to make a new head unit fit in the dash opening like I bought for my Honda a few years back. Anyone have any expereince upgrading their Vibe's stereo? Thanks...
SlamPoet

Re: Aftermarket Stereo Upgrade (mkl116)

Post by SlamPoet »

Do you have the stereo for the Base or GT ?
Greg100575

Re: Aftermarket Stereo Upgrade (SlamPoet)

Post by Greg100575 »

yeah i replaced mine right off the bat, with a poineer cd player, it sounds ALOT better even with the factory speakersi just went down to the local stereo place and had them order me a dash kit and wireing harness. it was very simple to install. radio cover comes off, then unplug the a/c plugs. the radio is held in by 4 10mm bolts, unscrew them and you got it made!id be kickin myself it id had payed the $35 they wanted to install it for me oh and the desk kit i got is the kind where it adds the extra "pocket" under the radioGreg
03 Aybss Vibe GT17' Wheels5% Tint
mkl116

Re: Aftermarket Stereo Upgrade (mkl116)

Post by mkl116 »

Thanks! That is just what I needed to hear. Fitting speakers and amps is easy, its the head unit I was most concerned about.