Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!!

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
idontknowwhatimdoing

Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!!

Post by idontknowwhatimdoing »

Howdy folks...lets hear the good and the bad about this setup in the vibe...just dropped it in this weekend. We dont need no freaking trunk! Feel free to share your trunk shots on this thread.Those are Rockford T212D4 woofers driven by the two X6 amps above them and the Soundstream on top drives the high end.2900 watts RMS of (removed) kick.Lots of tuning and trim out to do still.I'll keep you posted.
Chop it channel it bag it...even a shopping cart can look coolerhttp://www.eblackdesign.com3/10/06 ... Thanks for the good times '03 Vibe GT ... The '05 Matrix XRS now has the honor.
BlueCrush

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by BlueCrush »

Holy Crap! That's Ginormous. Looks like a very clean set-up.Can you hear me now?The only junk in my trunk is the stock 10" sub that came with the Moon-n-toon package.Keep up posted and let us know how many decibles it takes for you to replace your rear lift glass. Ha, Ha!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (BlueCrush)

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Holy Crap! That's Ginormous. Looks like a very clean set-up.Can you hear me now?The only junk in my trunk is the stock 10" sub that came with the Moon-n-toon package.Keep up posted and let us know how many decibles it takes for you to replace your rear lift glass. Ha, Ha!No........it is BIGANTIC!!The liftgate is about 40 pounds heavier thanks to the iceguard for sound deadener...I ain't so worried about the rear glass...yes it flexes a bunch, but the windshield.....now that I AM worried about!
Chop it channel it bag it...even a shopping cart can look coolerhttp://www.eblackdesign.com3/10/06 ... Thanks for the good times '03 Vibe GT ... The '05 Matrix XRS now has the honor.
satur9

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by satur9 »

we dont need no trunk!!! my god thats a huge box though. i though my bazooka took to much space

Attached files
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
satur9

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (satur9)

Post by satur9 »

i had some space left over so.......... (i think i can get a 15lb one back there)

Attached files
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
russ257

Post by russ257 »

sweet looking setup. we need more pics.
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (rebbierae)

Quote, originally posted by rebbierae »GIHUGIC!EGANTICGIGANTUANHUGEMUTHGIGABIGGADid I hijack my own fricking thread?
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Mine!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
pissedoffgokart

Post by pissedoffgokart »

That looks L O U D. Here's mine, I went for cargo room with some boom. Amps are under the front seats.and
BOZACK

Post by BOZACK »

All you need now is two turn tables and a microphone.Quote, originally posted by idontknowwhatimdoing »Howdy folks...lets hear the good and the bad about this setup in the vibe...just dropped it in this weekend. We dont need no freaking trunk! Feel free to share your trunk shots on this thread.Those are Rockford T212D4 woofers driven by the two X6 amps above them and the Soundstream on top drives the high end.2900 watts RMS of (removed) kick.Lots of tuning and trim out to do still.I'll keep you posted.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
ArcsVibe

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (BOZACK)

Post by ArcsVibe »

I did mine so that I can still use the back to haul stuff....
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

damronjr

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (ArcsVibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »I did mine so that I can still use the back to haul stuff....Your link must be hosed Sam, cuz your pic ain't showin'!Nevermind!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ArcsVibe

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (damronjr)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Your link must be hosed Sam, cuz your pic ain't showin'!Check again mon ami lol I fixed it!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (ArcsVibe)

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »I did mine so that I can still use the back to haul stuff.... Me too!! I haul around all that gear! Hardy har har! I love seeing the trunk setups! And I get an extra 2" drop in the rear from the 380 pounds of the setup.Them Treo subs look COOL!!I'm diggin the JL W7 and the air tanks for the bags (JEALOUSY IS ME)Keep 'em coming!
idontknowwhatimdoing

By The Way....first dB reading done last night, not dialed in yet and subs not broken in was 146dB at the dash...and it is musical. Now my mirror is more worthless than ever!!
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Here's mine. Completely hidden and yes it pounds.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
drunkenmaxx

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (Celtic_Curse)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

here is mine, as seen by a blind man from 30 feet away
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (Celtic_Curse)

Yeah, I have seen your stealth setup....VERY COOL...I bet it does slam.
mcgusto82

Post by mcgusto82 »

no, it's weak. doesn't thump very much. i need a new enclosure. that, or some pillow stuffing.ohh, that hing behind the box is my paint gun. so i can shoot yah!!
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Man there sure is a lot of boom boom out there, I'm going to buy stocks in a hearing aid factory for when we all go deaf.....but I wouldn't change a thing.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Here's my simple setup. It's a Bazooka RS8A-HP 8" sub with a built in 150 watt RMS amp. It's plenty of bass for me, still gives a pretty good thump. I just wanted some additional clean bass added and I used to have this in my previous car 6 years ago. As you can see, it doesn't take up much space and I didn't have to drill a single hole to mount it. I modified the brackets it came with so that they mount into the track on the floor.

Attached files
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

Celtic_Curse, I really like your setup. That's cool how you got it to fit within the wall.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
Celtic_Curse

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (JustinVGT)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Thank you, was a pain to get in there but was worth it. Needless to say your Vibe is way cool!
03vibeowner

Post by 03vibeowner »

hi lol im still new I've been looking at this site for like EVER just joined anyways I am about to get some JL equipment I was going to go with the JL Audio 500/5 and that will just have to do me for now and I was wondering if anyone has tooken off there back seat (im always loosing **** inthe space down there anyways I was wanting to know if anyone knew if there would be enough room to fit the amp in there
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: (03vibeowner)

Quote, originally posted by 03vibeowner »hi lol im still new I've been looking at this site for like EVER just joined anyways I am about to get some JL equipment I was going to go with the JL Audio 500/5 and that will just have to do me for now and I was wondering if anyone has tooken off there back seat (im always loosing **** inthe space down there anyways I was wanting to know if anyone knew if there would be enough room to fit the amp in there Yep and Nope.....the seat has enough room when it is up, but when you fold it down, the bottom slides and tilts down and all the space is gone...well, for the most part...I know there are a few guys on here who have done that, but you will need to check and see if the amp fits, preferably by making some form of a box in the same size of the 500/5 and fold the seat down and see if it rubs or hits.
binary

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by binary »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Man there sure is a lot of boom boom out there, I'm going to buy stocks in a hearing aid factory for when we all go deaf.....but I wouldn't change a thing.What?
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

I only have 2 10" Alpine Type R's and I got 147.7 DBS! The Vibe is awesome air space for a system - plus the fact that the interior is ALOT of plastic. I love my 1st place trophy!
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Wow thats loud you must have sound deadned pretty good. Post some pics of your setup.
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

Haven't posted a picture before - Hope it works...

Attached files
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: Stage one of Vibe Stereo done...Post your trunk shots here!!!! (viberationz)

Quote, originally posted by viberationz »I only have 2 10" Alpine Type R's and I got 147.7 DBS! The Vibe is awesome air space for a system - plus the fact that the interior is ALOT of plastic. I love my 1st place trophy! 147 dB........you GOTTA post the TermLab sheet pic of that!!!!
Celtic_Curse

Re: (viberationz)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

My ears are sayin' OUCH!
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

It's not an OUCH kinda' Boom Boom - I guess not to me anymore. You build up an immunity to stereos after a while I guess. I find that my car's air space allows me to get some really good low frequency bass - and that's what counts. If anything it's definitly not the loudest stereo out there - but it is the loudest of it's kind. It's a pretty simple set-up - and that decible reading of 147.7, was taken immediatly after the system was installed. Chances are it could have climbed one or two DB's now that it's broken in... I think my deck could have something to do with it - When I switched over to Pioneer's AVIC-N1 I noticed a huge different in the sound quality of my subs. Maybe because the deck allows you to adjust to very specific settings, and I think I found what suits me! LOUDNESS!
idontknowwhatimdoing

Quote, originally posted by viberationz »It's not an OUCH kinda' Boom Boom - I guess not to me anymore. You build up an immunity to stereos after a while I guess. I find that my car's air space allows me to get some really good low frequency bass - and that's what counts. If anything it's definitly not the loudest stereo out there - but it is the loudest of it's kind. It's a pretty simple set-up - and that decible reading of 147.7, was taken immediatly after the system was installed. Chances are it could have climbed one or two DB's now that it's broken in... I think my deck could have something to do with it - When I switched over to Pioneer's AVIC-N1 I noticed a huge different in the sound quality of my subs. Maybe because the deck allows you to adjust to very specific settings, and I think I found what suits me! LOUDNESS!What is your secret and what am I doing wrong? How are getting 3.4dB louder than my loudest reading on the system I am running now (maybe I should shut my jealous trap huh?) I have TWO of the T2 rockford 12" with 1200 watts RMS to EACH sub for 2400 watts RMS to the box. The box was expertly designed and built. I have been in the audio business for 18 years now and am surprised by the reading you got...a contact of mine in the industry locally has the alpine type "r" 10's in a sweet setup and the best he could muster was 138.1 at the dash. He has a 1000 watt monoblock to EACH sub also. So c'mon....what is the secret? Post the Termlab sheets so I am convinced I am not crazy.
idontknowwhatimdoing

Another thing I thought about...what is the elevation of the town where the measurements were made?
viberationz

Re: (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by viberationz »

I don't know what you mean by 'TermLab Sheets' otherwise I would fill you in with the info. Everyone just thinks I kind of lucked out, the head in-staller in my town said it's the highest reading he has seen anyone get in his career with that set up, or something similar to it.
idontknowwhatimdoing

Quote, originally posted by viberationz »I don't know what you mean by 'TermLab Sheets' otherwise I would fill you in with the info. Everyone just thinks I kind of lucked out, the head in-staller in my town said it's the highest reading he has seen anyone get in his career with that set up, or something similar to it.The TermLab sheet is the printout from a dB measurement taken on the TermLab meter. If you were measured on an audio control or a BK meter, they too will also have a printout available.
viberationz

Re: (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by viberationz »

I never got a printout - Sorry. The next time I get a reading I should though, never even thought of that. But, the next time might be for a long time. My Vibe get's parked in the garage for winter, so it won't be making it down to the shop any time soon.
frostyGT

Re:

Post by frostyGT »

You guys have some nice setups. Here is my simple install. Just an Infinity Basslink, but it has a really good sound. The nice thing is I can still fit a full-size stroller back there, and I can get to my spare.
R.I.P. Frosty GTReplaced by 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
joholste

Re: Re: (frostyGT)

Post by joholste »

i'm sure that baby loves that thump.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

Where did you get the Vibe floor mat for the hatch from?
dave9382

Post by dave9382 »

tell me pissedoffgokart how you got that nice flush in the floor of the hatch like that, seems to me like the mounting depth of the subs would make that hard....
pissedoffgokart

Re: (dave9382)

Post by pissedoffgokart »

Indeed it does! Those Treo subs are about 2 inches from the bottom of he spare tire well!! I didn't think it would work either! The flush mount look is more ilusion than fact. I have an MDF board fastned to the "top" of the enclosure and the extra inch and a quarter allowed me to "flush" it in with some covered grills. I had to do it this way so I can still use my space and not damage my subs!!The top of the enclosure sits level with the rest of the floor (all the plastic stuff) with the spare tire cover and that hunk of plastic removed. Only downside I found so far, aside from no spare, is that I couldn't reach the top nuts for he rear suspention very easily at all!!!!I love my Treos!http://www.treoonline.com/ssi.html
viberationz

Re: (pissedoffgokart)

Post by viberationz »

I think it looks pretty amazing - Nothing I've ever seen before. Definitly not something I would want... But It does look hella' cool!
frostyGT

Re: Re: (viberationz)

Post by frostyGT »

Quote, originally posted by viberationz »Where did you get the Vibe floor mat for the hatch from?It is the factory mat. I got it from http://gmpartsdirect.com/.
R.I.P. Frosty GTReplaced by 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

Ah... Sweet thanks so much - finally a good parts place for me to rack up the visa with!
Celtic_Curse

Re: Re: (viberationz)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

You can buy it at CMP classic in Calgary for Cheap. Might be Cheaper than shipping.
darcmater

Re: Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by darcmater »

for my trunk set up just check my photobucket pics, deff takes up the whole trunk area : )
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: Re: (darcmater)

Bang Zoom....to the moon....that looks like a slammer!
Celtic_Curse

Re: Re: (darcmater)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

(removed)....ouch!! Have you had SPL levels recorded?