Moon & Tunes Owners: Aftermarket HU Installation Tip (with factory amp/speakers)

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Ciejma

Post by Ciejma »

just wanna know which is the best way to wire up a aftermarket amp and sub. I got the scosche harness of the factory where should I put the remote wire from the amp then? U say the lighter is the way to go?
schnurmac

Re: (Ciejma)

Post by schnurmac »

Yes the blue wire is the amp remote wire it signals the amp to power on to get power from power wire. Your lighter only works when in the on position or wire it to something that only operates in the acc position of your ignition. If you wire to acc you can jam with car off. Not recommended you may get a dead battery and be stranded so I recommend wire it to what ever works in the on position of your ignition. You can split off the lighter or wire to your fuse panel. It only needs a low voltage signal to turn amp on.
Wife's 2003 Pontiac VibeJVC KD HDR1Polk mids and tweets.Kicker 350w Mono amp.10" Infinity Sub.
schnurmac

Re: (Ciejma)

Post by schnurmac »

Have never wired the remote wire from the amp to the head unit or wiring harness. Always to an ignition power source.
Wife's 2003 Pontiac VibeJVC KD HDR1Polk mids and tweets.Kicker 350w Mono amp.10" Infinity Sub.
sideshowalan

Re: Moon & Tunes Owners: Aftermarket HU Installation Tip (wi

Post by sideshowalan »

Hi.

Recently installed an aftermarket headunit into an 08 with moon and tunes. Used a PAC Soem-4 line output converter between the stereo and car harness. Everything works except there is this constant 'cyclical' static noice coming through all the speakers even when the engine is off (accesory position). My first suspicion was a bad ground but i have tried several different bare metal spots and it still makes the exact same noise.

Need suggestions on what to try next to get rid of it. Can I run a stereo without the line output converter? I'm thinking it's just amplifying the static that's already in the moon and tunes amp.

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
sideshowalan

Re: Moon & Tunes Owners: Aftermarket HU Installation Tip (wi

Post by sideshowalan »

sideshowalan wrote:Hi.
Used a PAC Soem-4 line output converter between the stereo and car harness. Everything works except there is this constant 'cyclical' static noice coming through all the speakers even when the engine is off (accessory position).
An update in case anyone has the same problem.
The problem was the PAC output converter. Replaced it with a comparable Scosche unit and it sounds great now.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
mtdineen

Re: Moon & Tunes Owners: Aftermarket HU Installation Tip (with factory amp/speakers)

Post by mtdineen »

Thanks for the info about the blue wire and pin 3. This solved my problem!