I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate.

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
tangerine

I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate.

Post by tangerine »

Post your sound systems people, i wanna feel yur bumpage!I just ordered my new system a step up from my old one. I ordered a Bulk Hushmat kit, 3 JL Audio 12W7's, 2 1000/1 Jl Slasher amps, 1 300/2 Jl Slasher amp, 2 pair of ZR650 component systems, 2 chrome high HPM Stinger capacitors, and a Sony CDX-M7810 head unit. Its taken nearly all my savings to replace the car I had but once we complete it again it will be worth it. nothing better than the thrill of sound competions and the fans.
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
drunkenmaxx

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (tangerine)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

eh, nothing special here. stock moons and tunes (2003) and a 300w mtx amp w/2 12" mtx subwoofs. i get compliments all the time though.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
rebbierae

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (drunkenvibe)

Post by rebbierae »

Mine is completely stock, but I'd be curious to hear what kind of set-up drunken has....
drunkenmaxx

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (rebbierae)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by rebbierae »Mine is completely stock, but I'd be curious to hear what kind of set-up drunken has....boom boom ba ba ba boom booom.that's pretty much what it sounds like.oh, and you can hear all the words and music too.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Not too shabby MTX makes some good gear. My old vibe was all Kicker but the Solo Barics can't compete with this new JL W7 line up so I'm gonna build a fiberglass wall in the cargo area with 3 of these built in. We setup a switch with a hydrolicarm to lift the compartment for the spare tire since the box will be mounted to that door and that area still needs to be accessable.
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
drunkenmaxx

Re: (tangerine)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

yeah, ive had my system longer than ive had my vibe (3+ years) and it still sounds as good as when i bought it. actually, w/the moons and tunes, it sounds better than the aftermarket stereo/speakers in my cavy!!
KaosStarr

Post by KaosStarr »

Well right now I'm in the process of deciding on a new road to go but this is what I have currently.Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9827Lows: 4 Kicker Comp VR 12s on 2 JBL 1200.1sHighs: M&T PackageAddons: Optima Yellow Top in the back.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

If thats the 05 line of Kicker CVR's totally stick with'm. Power them with a Kicker 600.5 amp and they will rattle everything in your car loose, thats the system i started with in my previous vibe, with the custom kicker box that had a 5" port on the side, if you don't have that box I'd look into it, great price and boy does it make a difference. I actually still have that system in my garage I replaced it with Solo Barics when i got into sound comps because i had to win but none the less the Kicker CVR's are mean. as for battery, unless you play your subs with your car off, I'd go with a red top.
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Sony Radio:Pioneer 10' sub powered by a Kenwood amp:Stock speakers for now, not sure which ones I will get though
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

kharman

Post by kharman »

the head unit (not pictured) is a pioneer with organic EL display
tangerine

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (kharman)

Post by tangerine »

Good, good vibrations!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Here we go:Alpine CDA-9833 HUJL 300.4 amp for doorsPolk Momo 6.5" in frontJL 6.5" in rearPower Bass TweetersPhoenix Gold 500W Tantrum amplifier for SubBoss 1f Capacitor1 10JLW7 in a huge boxPics in Cardomain link of sig
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ducnut1

Post by ducnut1 »

I have a 2004 fusion with jensens vm 9410 dvd indash. I installed 2 10" memphis audio subs in a downforce box in the rear. It is thumped by a Lightning audio 900 watt amp. I allso installed and replaced the factory 4 door speakers with memphis audios 6.5 dia. speakers with internal adjustable tweeters. Also have a PS2 installed in side the glovebox. Don't really like the glovebox thing but it will do until I get my billet console built to replace the factory one.
2004 Fusion Vibe with Jensen Model VM9410 DVDMemphis Audio 10" Subs in Down Force Box, Bolt 900 Watt ampPlaystation 2 Thin with wireless controller, Rear view camera, XM Radio mounted in headliner,Cosmo Racing CAI, Megan Strut Tower BraceICW 16" Wheels With Fusion Tires, Ghost Flame GraphixType R Steering Wheel, Titanium Quick Release Steering Hub5% Tint (Yes it is not Legal), Spring Tech 1.75" Drop, Pillar Mounted Gauges With 7 Colors, Neon Under Car Lights
Smokin' Rubber

Re: (ducnut1)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Pioneer DEHP 36002 Rockford Fosgate 12" HX2's (the older better ones )Diamond Audio D3 600.1
hippyvibe

Post by hippyvibe »

My Vibe GT just happened to come with not one but two 10" CF-1044 Carbon Fiber subwoofers and although the service department jacked the 600w Coustic amp it all worked out because a friend had a spare, yes SPARE, SoundStream Rubicon 1002 (1000w) amplifier... That and the Moon & Tunes sounds as nice as I could ever want =-P *shrugs* Maybe I'm just easy to please! Or maybe I just haven't heard tangerine's system!
2003 Mono Abyss GTMoon and Tunes, 17 " Sport Max 929, Eibach Pro SpringsDunlop 215 50/RZ17 tires oem, SoundStream Rubicon 1000w, two CF1044 10" subs, GM Top Rear Spoiler, AEM Short Ram intake Blue, Progress Rear Anti Roll bar, Flowmaster Delta Flow 60 Series, Denzo IK 20 5304 plugs, TRD STB Front, Brass Bushings
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

squint really hard you can see my subs here:
Kari

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (drunkenvibe)

Post by Kari »

Slightly OT: Is your hatch bent? Looks like the back is at more of an angle than where it meets the roof...On-Topic: I'm liking the factory M&T stereo, though I would like to have the sub like they have for the '05s.
GenVibe Global Moderator
drunkenmaxx

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (Kari)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »Slightly OT: Is your hatch bent? Looks like the back is at more of an angle than where it meets the roof...i dont know what's up with that pic. i freaked when i first looked at it, but upon inspection, it's fine. must be because its a slightly sloped spot where i parked. i dunno.
ducnut1

Post by ducnut1 »

I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell me how to get your car info to show up in your post?
2004 Fusion Vibe with Jensen Model VM9410 DVDMemphis Audio 10" Subs in Down Force Box, Bolt 900 Watt ampPlaystation 2 Thin with wireless controller, Rear view camera, XM Radio mounted in headliner,Cosmo Racing CAI, Megan Strut Tower BraceICW 16" Wheels With Fusion Tires, Ghost Flame GraphixType R Steering Wheel, Titanium Quick Release Steering Hub5% Tint (Yes it is not Legal), Spring Tech 1.75" Drop, Pillar Mounted Gauges With 7 Colors, Neon Under Car Lights
binary

Post by binary »

So far, I'm enjoying the stock Monsoon system. I like the built in sub - but its not quite what my 12" MTX Thunder 6000 was.(ducnut1 - ensure you're on the current topic for fast answers to your questions otherwise you're polluting the thread. Check out the Site Problems & Questions forum, click here. Cheers and welcome aboard! )
ducnut1

Post by ducnut1 »

Sorry for the mixup. I am new to this forum etiquitte(spelling).
idontknowwhatimdoing

Post by idontknowwhatimdoing »

Quote, originally posted by tangerine »Post your sound systems people, i wanna feel yur bumpage!I just ordered my new system a step up from my old one. I ordered a Bulk Hushmat kit, 3 JL Audio 12W7's, 2 1000/1 Jl Slasher amps, 1 300/2 Jl Slasher amp, 2 pair of ZR650 component systems, 2 chrome high HPM Stinger capacitors, and a Sony CDX-M7810 head unit. Its taken nearly all my savings to replace the car I had but once we complete it again it will be worth it. nothing better than the thrill of sound competions and the fans.Three 12W7's on two amps eh? Why not a third amp for the third sub? How were you going to wire this? Either you were going to smoke the amps by loading them down too far or not allow them to reach their potential by keeping the load too high. 1 amp for one woofer in this particular case would be optimum.So where are the pics?I know the car is gone, but where is the pics of the gear? The old system? Anything?Frosty.......you smellin' what I'm cookin'?
Chop it channel it bag it...even a shopping cart can look coolerhttp://www.eblackdesign.com3/10/06 ... Thanks for the good times '03 Vibe GT ... The '05 Matrix XRS now has the honor.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

All that **** is still setting in my garage because I never expected the BS from my car accident to last as long as it has, thats what I ordered for my new Vibe when I was hoping to get the black vibe GT last fall until i found out I'll never be able to drive stick shift again. I only ordered 2 because I had 2 already, there was the plan of having 4 amps built in, but if I ever do get my vibe i'm not going JL because nothing sounds better than Kicker in the Vibe. My digital camera was in my glove box that had my car pictures except for the few pictures my sponsors had after I finished it, I'll try and get a few of them and I still never posted my car setting in the junk yard, and I kinda don't wanna see them again. Too much blood, sweat, and tears went into building that car to what it was.
idontknowwhatimdoing

I (and others on this board) are calling you out.....prove anything you claim. End of story
Chop it channel it bag it...even a shopping cart can look coolerhttp://www.eblackdesign.com3/10/06 ... Thanks for the good times '03 Vibe GT ... The '05 Matrix XRS now has the honor.
frostyGT

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by frostyGT »

The only thing I think is kind of funny is having $1600 worth of subs with a $150 Sony HU. Personally, I find it all a little hard to believe. However, I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.And now he just said that Kicker is better than Fosgate and JL Audio. That's a pretty bold statement.
R.I.P. Frosty GTReplaced by 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (frostyGT)

Quote, originally posted by frostyGT »The only thing I think is kind of funny is having $1600 worth of subs with a $150 Sony HU. Personally, I find it all a little hard to believe. However, I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.And now he just said that Kicker is better than Fosgate and JL Audio. That's a pretty bold statement.I agree.........bold indeed
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Wow reading comprehension is a must. I didn't say Kicker was better than JL but I will say its by far better than Rockford sucksgate. I said to me it sounds better in the Vibe, as for the HU:1. its wasn't $1502. with its screen, 7 modes, and video hookups its all the car needs.as for calling me out? do as you must, its kind of hard to show pictures of something that you never had a vehicle to be installed in. next week'll be a year since my vibe was totalled and I still haven't got a dime from them to replace my **** and yea, I was an idiot for not knowing what I was getting into and blowing the money on replacing my sound system right away thinking I'd get that Vibe then. Turns out my injuries were worse than it seemed and that I'll never be able to do half the **** I used to do and now have to have people install my **** for me when the time comes :mad:
Kari

Post by Kari »

Pictures can still be taken even if something is not installed...you could take pictures of boxes sitting in the floor...
GenVibe Global Moderator
idontknowwhatimdoing

Quote, originally posted by tangerine »Wow reading comprehension is a must. I didn't say Kicker was better than JL but I will say its by far better than Rockford sucksgate. I said to me it sounds better in the Vibe, as for the HU:1. its wasn't $1502. with its screen, 7 modes, and video hookups its all the car needs.as for calling me out? do as you must, its kind of hard to show pictures of something that you never had a vehicle to be installed in. next week'll be a year since my vibe was totalled and I still haven't got a dime from them to replace my **** and yea, I was an idiot for not knowing what I was getting into and blowing the money on replacing my sound system right away thinking I'd get that Vibe then. Turns out my injuries were worse than it seemed and that I'll never be able to do half the **** I used to do and now have to have people install my **** for me when the time comes :mad:Seeing is believing holmes.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

wanna fed ex me a camera?
idontknowwhatimdoing

You got all that gear and no camera?
damronjr

Re: (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by damronjr »

I have a feeling this pissing match is about to get stomped!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
millster

Re: (damronjr)

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »I have a feeling this pissing match is about to get stomped! I have a feeling you're right. This has really gone far enough.Tangerine, do you receive PM's? Reply if you do. If you don't, check them!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
frostyGT

Post by frostyGT »

Quote, originally posted by tangerine »1. its wasn't $1502. with its screen, 7 modes, and video hookups its all the car needs.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
R.I.P. Frosty GTReplaced by 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
tangerine

Re: (idontknowwhatimdoing)

Post by tangerine »

Quote, originally posted by idontknowwhatimdoing »You got all that gear and no camera? damn again reading pwnz you. My camera was in the glovebox of the car.
idontknowwhatimdoing

Re: (millster)

I'm done......my apologies
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Quote, originally posted by millster »I have a feeling you're right. This has really gone far enough.Tangerine, do you receive PM's? Reply if you do. If you don't, check them! I don't have any PM's, if I did I'd reply?
millster

Post by millster »

Believe me, you have them. Go into your profile and look at your PM history from me.They're there, you've just got a popup blocker blocking them.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Quote, originally posted by millster »Believe me, you have them. Go into your profile and look at your PM history from me.They're there, you've just got a popup blocker blocking them.I see it now that explains the popup spams on the site lately.
dallarosaj

Post by dallarosaj »

drunkenmaxx

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (dallarosaj)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

holy crap dude, that is amazing!
KaosStarr

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate.

Post by KaosStarr »

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9827Highs: Memphis 15-MSQ6.Subs: Alpine Type-R 15sAmps: Factory MT for highs, 2 JBL 1200.1 for subsXover: Memphis 16-XO2
yoshi64

I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (tangerine)

Post by yoshi64 »

I had 2 JL 12w3's and a 1000/1 in my celica, moved the back hatch glass like 2" i also got alpine type R's and a Alpine 9831 HU, sounded awsome...I want the same sound but, the Vibe has more airspace to work with... probably need a w7, any ideas on what i should do. i want do do navigation with out moterized screen as well
tcam

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (KaosStarr)

Post by tcam »

Quote, originally posted by KaosStarr »Jesus! That box is huge!
tangerine

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (yoshi64)

Post by tangerine »

Quote, originally posted by yoshi64 »I had 2 JL 12w3's and a 1000/1 in my celica, moved the back hatch glass like 2" i also got alpine type R's and a Alpine 9831 HU, sounded awsome...I want the same sound but, the Vibe has more airspace to work with... probably need a w7, any ideas on what i should do. i want do do navigation with out moterized screen as wellYou could put that same system in the vibe and have it sound great. The great thing about the Vibe is how well it builds up preasure with sound systems.
KaosStarr

Re: I wanna see what makes your vibe vibrate. (tcam)

Post by KaosStarr »

Quote, originally posted by tcam »Jesus! That box is huge!Yeah my old box I had back there was 6cuft for it. This one is I belive 13.8cuft so with sub displacement and such I'm shooting around 13.0cuft inside.
03vibeowner

Post by 03vibeowner »

lol thats all I have you guys have some crazy systems in your cars LOL I just have a JL w6v2 and a 500/1 I could see myself having another of each (or instead of getting another 500/1 just getting a 1000/1) but yea thats quite a bit of Bass for me and people say I am crazy LOL I say just go to a competition :D
metso

Re: (03vibeowner)

Post by metso »

heres my neat little setup....i wanted something very clean and be able to easily remove the woofer.

Attached files
metso

Re: (metso)

Post by metso »

and a pick of the woofer

Attached files
VforVIBE

Re: (metso)

Post by VforVIBE »

http://i114.photobucket.com/al...y.gifSorry man, that all I got. It's not bad for what it is, he he, it makes my review mirror shake.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT