clading issue

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
03VibeGT6Spd

clading issue

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

I went into Superior Pontiac Cadillac and told them about my clading this morning, The service writter said it looked like normal wear and tear. Then I told him that there is a TSB on it and Gm has been replacing them with new parts and a redesigned lower molding.(Never seen or heard anything about this before)I forgot to bring in the TSB#082603, So I called him back a couple hours later with the info. Surprisingly he said he all ready found it, and he had ordered the parts. Then said He should have the parts in the morning.And to top it all off said it should only take an hour or 2, to get the job done.I didnt have to beg, plead, go over his head or even yell!What a great place for service!I went there last week and got my rotors turn no questions asked!This place has the best service, I have seen anywhere around here.Here is a couple pictures with blow ups in them, So you know where and what to look for. (looks like someone ran a sandblaster acrossed it)http://gunwraps.com/images/clading1.jpg ... ding2.jpgI hope this helps out another member, Like it has me!Thanks Scott!
Houston

Re: clading issue (03VibeGT6Spd)

Post by Houston »

Superior Pontiac in Flint, Michigan? I quit going to them back in the early '70s because of their lousy service. Never went back. Maybe things have changed over there.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
PEDALS

Post by PEDALS »

just wondering how many miles you are at when they replaced them. i'm starting to see a bit of sandblasting at 13000 km's and i don't want to go to them later on and they try to say i've past my warranty of them. Also is there anybody out there in canada that has had them replaced under warranty??
03VibeGT6Spd

Re: clading issue (Houston)

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

Thats the place, I've been to several area dealers in the last 12 years, and they all have something to say or there the one's you have to fight with. I decide to try them because of all the other pontiac dealers, in the area have a bad service. But there's always the crook, But I have never been in there for service. I'm afraid of what they would over charge me for. No Names mentioned!I was only 2 in 1970 And didnt get my first car until 1980 when I was 12. LOLI was trying to hold out until the very end of my warranty. I have about 31,000 miles on it, But I'm takening it to New Orleans then Orlando next week and I didnt want to take the chance. I would guess if I put 30,000 more miles on it there would be a hole worn thru it.I'll post some more picture when there done with it..
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I was debating getting mine replaced, but I didn't on my last visit, wasn't able to leave the car there long enough, and I won't make it back before I hit 36k. Oh well.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Dave_ca

Post by Dave_ca »

I am going in tomorow to make an apointment to have them replaced. I never knew there was a TSB about it until now. I was getting very discouraged with how the side cladding was holding up! Thanks for the info guys!
03VibeGT6Spd

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

whoops I forgot to post the new pictures.There a perfect match and Superior pontiac did an awesome job!
savedbyzero

Post by savedbyzero »

Now why can't they do that with the monotones! i want that lower molding!I know, we have the plastic sheeting over it, but mine has the blasting beyond it. but warranty is up...Guess I'm SOL all around! Maybe I'll just use some spray paint. J/K!Sounds like you had a good experience with the service! That's awesome! Congrats!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

I had mine replaced right away last year. i like the look alot more. now to get those mudflaps ordered and cut down.
03VibeGT6Spd

Re: clading issue (savedbyzero)

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

It doesnt make sence even the 2005, dont have it on the monotone.maybe you could buy the part and paint it, but Gm should have done those to.they can't believe the tape will last long, unless there just trying to get it past the 36k warranty.
SCTM

Post by SCTM »

Quote, originally posted by 03VibeGT6Spd »The service writter said it looked like normal wear and tear. Then I told him that there is a TSB on it and Gm has been replacing them with new parts and a redesigned lower molding.(Never seen or heard anything about this before)Back from the dealer...HE FELL FOR the FIRST TIME... (biblical matter) No decision from catch, if not that: "no problem noted to check moulding, normal condition, no correction". Even with TSB(02-08-111-005)... even if I had evidence that others had their changed... Not great a deal to be made, the service manager says to me that this not the only type of vehicle which does that. The TSB is probably for US market only... Few minutes and may arguments later the service manager said that he's gonna talk to the DSM on it's next run - at a given time... as to get rid of tiring customer.AND HE FELL FOR THE SECOND TIME... Disappointment once more with the battery. In spite of the fact that I present also evidence of change for others in my case, and for "la first time we see that", still similar. A test on the battery indicates OK with 12.61v and... 494CCA - not badly for a 310CCA!!! At this rate/rhythm there, within 1 or 2 years will be increased by itself up to 560CCA HE FELL FOR THE THIRD TIME...Vibration while rolling to 60Km/h and 110Km/h. First look at my Motegi Mags, they easily found these guilty without any trial and wrote on invoice "aftermarket mags" - guilty, next !RAISE AND GOES... Only satisfaction that I'll get is for the clip which retains the hose for windshield washer, close to the hinge of passenger side. A "back order" of 33 cents!!! Beautiful experiment that this first visit in my dealer, because indeed, it was the first time that I returned to the dealership. (They've been all on strike for almost a year in the area)Next step??? Anyone have a direct contact at GM?Don't know why, I'm feeling sick this morning
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
SCTM

Re: clading issue (Salsa!)

Post by SCTM »

Quote, originally posted by Salsa! »I hope that the contact names I have provided to you help!You bet Salsa!Enroute for ROUND 2
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
ColonelPanic

Re: clading issue

Post by ColonelPanic »

It was 30 miserable Vibeless hours, but I have finally returned the loaner Grand Am and now have my baby back with the new cladding! The dealer was absolutely great about the whole thing. This job was a bit more than they wanted to tackle at the shop, so they took it up to their body shop and let those guys deal with it. Sounded like a bit of an ordeal for those guys... Somehow, between the dealer and their body shop some 30 miles away, they lost a couple of pieces. They had to find some replacements pretty quick. Got a call from the service manager letting me know that the car was ready. Then he said "But there is one problem..." I replied "Splash guards don't fit?" Yep! I told him that I already had a set that should mount with the new cladding on order. He offered for them to reimburse me for the new set, since it is GM's TSB, and the old splash guards obviously won't work due to the redesigned parts. I kept telling him that they didn't have to do that, the car didn't come with them, they were added by me, so I didn't really think it should be their responsibility. (Damn, I'm a nice guy sometimes.) He left it up to me, if I want them to pay for it, I just need to bring in the bill. Even though I bought the parts online! Can't beat that. Still undecided, it was only $20-something.Got to the dealer and checked out the car... Looks GREAT! They did a good job slapping on all that new plastic. Even washed the car and gave it a nice cleaning inside to boot. Anyway, glad this is taken care of. I should have some splash guards on Monday, hopefully they're the right ones. I'll find out! Now, I just need to get that front bumper repainted and she's looking brand new again.

154173=5506-cladding.jpg
SCTM

Re: clading issue (ColonelPanic)

Post by SCTM »

How great it is ColonelPanic to see another satisfied customer with a cooperative dealer... they're not same everywhere.I still have to fight with mine to get the same as you did and how many others. After refusal from Service Manager and DSM and after futile call to GM1-800 I'm trying through another way to make it fixed. Take my word: it's not over yet!
SCTM

Re: clading issue (SCTM)

Post by SCTM »

Updated report: Wrote to GM Canada and got a reply from one of the "head office". Now waiting for a decision from them. Cross fingers and pray for me my friends...
03VibeGT6Spd

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

Good Luck!It's sad that a border could make that much difference after they are made and put into service.It's not like they were made somewhere else, they are both from the nummi plant.
SCTM

Re: (03VibeGT6Spd)

Post by SCTM »

Now this is it. It's over and out.GM Canada Head Office replied: No cladding will be changed. No battery will be changed unless it breakdown.What else to say... some of us get their cladding/battery changed and others not, I'm now on this last group and very very disapointed. Sad day.
Merzbow

Re: (SCTM)

Post by Merzbow »

I went to the dealer to get this replaced and the replaced the lower door moldings but when ever I asked about the rocker molding they avoided it. When I finally went to get my door moldings put on I washed the car so they could check the lower rocker molding and he decided to order the other 4 pparts including the lower rocker molding, and wheel well molding and he was enthused about it. I dunno if they just got sick of seeing me and hearing about it (I have been in and out of the body shop a ton of times in the past month).Anyways, they can't put on the wheel well moldings until I get the dent pounded out but hopefully the rocker moldings will come in soon I'll post pics when they are on.I remember you were telling me about how your dealer did this at the meet last June, thanks for bringing it up Scott!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark