Check Engine and VSC / 09 2.4L

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
CQL81

Check Engine and VSC / 09 2.4L

Post by CQL81 »

Ohhhhh mannnn..

So I just shelled out $800 to get my engine mounts replaced. I’m so excited for two days because the vibrations are negligible after so long! And then..

This morning when I start the car there’s an awful racket. Starting the engine takes a few seconds longer but she gets moving. Drop the kid at school and start driving. After shopping I go to start the car and it barely starts. The check engine light and VSC comes on. I take it to get the codes and I get
P0101
P0171
C1201
C1241

The guy hears the car struggling to start and gets me some sea foam for the tank. I drive around for a while and get the kid from school. Filled up the tank again. I’m not even confident the car will start tomorrow morning. :((((
zbyers

Re: Check Engine and VSC / 09 2.4L

Post by zbyers »

On the second gen vibes, when one light on the dash comes on, you light up the whole darn christmas tree.

It's possible that when they did the mounts, they didn't reinstall the air intake correctly. Or if they pulled the engine, who knows what they missed reinstalling. You typically wouldn't pull an engine for the mounts.

Not sure about on the 09's, but P0171 is a vacuum leak causing it to run lean. this can be anything from vacuum lines to/from the air intake, to the intake manifold gasket.

P0101 is related to the MAF sensor, which could be what's triggering the P0171, or vice versa.

C1241 Possible Causes
  • Low Battery Charge
  • Faulty Battery
  • Faulty Charging System
  • Power source circuit
https://www.engine-codes.com/c1241.html

https://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/c1201-toyota/

Sounds like you need to hike back over there and have them actually diagnose and repair at their cost. The issue was not present when you dropped the vehicle off, and should have never been released to you that way.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
CQL81

Re: Check Engine and VSC / 09 2.4L

Post by CQL81 »

Thanks for your input. I’m nervously on my way back over to them now.