Engine, Traction Control, flashing VSC Off & chugging

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
jgp

Engine, Traction Control, flashing VSC Off & chugging

Post by jgp »

Hello,

I bought my 2009 Vibe from my uncle a year ago. He said he got these three lights now and then, and he took it in a few times and they could never find anything wrong. I've had the car about a year, and I get those lights now and then, and they go away within 1-3 days. Lately though, it's happened a few times in the last week. One time It was chugging pretty bad. I pulled over, turned it off and on again and that helped it. Last week, it actually stalled while I was coming up to a stop sign. This morning, as I was in park for about 5 min, lights came on, and it really sounded like it was going to stall, but didn't.

I made an appt to take it in Saturday, but I was told not to take it in if the lights weren't on, as that's only when the problem happens.

Has anyone had this, or know what may be causing it?
andrewclaus

Re: Engine, Traction Control, flashing VSC Off & chugging

Post by andrewclaus »

Get the codes read. Most local autoparts stores will do it for free. With VSC, you might need a manufacturer's proprietary scan tool, but the engine code(s) should be industry standard.
jolt

Post by jolt »

Wheel speed senor? Rear wheel speed senor wiring harness on the 2009 and 2010 Vibes?
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

On the 09-10 Vibes, the whole Christmas Tree lights up when one of the dash lights come on (VSC, Trac, MIL, ABS, etc). There is also a slight issue with the rear ABS sensors...If they get a bit of moisture in them, they throw codes. You can try removing the sensors, cleaning them up, and putting a dab of dielectric grease or rtv around it to seal it.

Dad's 09 threw all of those once and it said cam sensor, but has never done it again. nor was it actually an issue.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe